Disgusting letter published by the disgraceful Sheffield Star

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

What some people on this forum can't grasp is the subtle difference between excusing people based on their background (which nobody does) and identifying a societal problem which if addressed would reduce the level of criminality in the future.  It's a reason given for how criminality is formed in groups, and it's something that can be changed in order to improve the future.  It's not given as an excuse to remove culpability for an individual's actions. 

Social problems are as old as stone. I laugh at it like some others laugh at religion as it is the biggest joke people believe in.

31 minutes ago, dutch said:

Social problems are as old as stone. I laugh at it like some others laugh at religion as it is the biggest joke people believe in.

You are joking, right? You don't believe social problems are real?

So let's test that idea a little shall we - drug addiction - real or a joke?

child sexual abuse - real or a joke?

alcoholism - real or a joke?

extreme poverty - real or a joke?

long term unemployment - real or a joke?

1 hour ago, dutch said:

What's your point?

Social problems have always existed so we shouldn't try to do anything about them?

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

What's your point?

Social problems have always existed so we shouldn't try to do anything about them?

Thanks for asking.

Problems are there and ignoring them won't help.

Society is just a thing people believe in like people believe in religion for example. It doesn't see people properly as individuals. Society reduces individuals into a member of society with rules and regulations just like religion, a little different in appearance but it does the same thing.

Society has many home made problems, it is a problem making machine people believe in. It tries to solve problems but creates them as well, it will never solve everything. Every problem solved a new problem arises.

Humanity has never known true freedom, that state has only been known by people who have become individual again. Every individual is part of the whole and connects with everything without believing any old fashioned social control system. 

In this freedom problems disappear like darkness disappears when light comes in. It is very easy to sort, only thing is I cannot do it for you or anyone else. But that is not a problem, although I do care that's why I answered your question.

In the end there will be few who understand this. Most people won't be interested or care about it. That is how things keep going they are and will only be solved when you step out of the problem making boat telling everyone they are just a piece of society.

I am part of this existence and that includes everything, not some old fashioned thing people believe in.

Edited by dutch

Society isn't just a belief, it's a word that describes the behaviour of a group of people.  The institutions, formal and informal, the ways of living that evolve.  It's not a belief system at all, it's a way of describing how groups of humans live together.  Society doesn't do anything, it doesn't take actions it doesn't make rules and it doesn't enforce rules.  Those behaviours are taken by individuals and groups of people.  Society is simply a way of describing the behaviour of these individuals and groups within the larger group.

You can't "become individual" unless you go and live in a cave.  If you're a hermit, with literally no interaction with other people, then you have escaped society.  If you live with other people, in a hamlet, a village a town or a country, then your behaviour impacts them and their behaviour impacts you, this is what society describes.

Society suffers from problems like poverty.  Living in a cave won't actually stop you suffering from poverty, but if the poverty makes you criminally inclined, well, there's nobody for you to impact (or commit a crime against).

In the end you probably won't understand this, because you appear to be mistaken in understanding what the word society means.  If it helps, here's the formal definition;

society

Dictionary result for society

/səˈsʌɪɪti/
noun

1. 1.
    the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

Thanks, it's a nice spring day today and I'll enjoy the sunshine. See you later

Don't let society bite you whilst you're out there.

5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Don't let society bite you whilst you're out there.

I must agree with you that society is not just some believe, we live in a physical world and have rules on the road or everything would turn out some chaotic mess.

To get more back on topic and this letter that was originally posted it tried to blame society for the mess the brothers gotten into saying it started at the family creating mental turbulence and conditioning.

The letter also mentioned things like higher purer consciousness and awakening. 

First there is no such thing as higher or purer consciousness. You are conscious or unconscious, no one is higher or purer than anyone else no matter if they are conscious or not.

Mental turbulence from family conditioning is an issue someone can leave behind if they want to. 

Awakening comes when the mind is silenced again, this can happen by accident or through meditation. The writer of the letter also talks about collective human mind, global mother and much pain.

I feel sorry for him or her. Maybe one day he/she will live in happiness again and go beyond all this mind nonsense.

Ps liked post #41. End of day we could chat bout society but it is what it is.

Edited by dutch