Disgusting letter published by the disgraceful Sheffield Star

Its The Star.  Its probably either made up, or composed of two separate letters that they've accidentally jumbled together.

20 hours ago, Detetcive said:

"John C Fowler Leverton Gardens S11 It is good that the Bower brothers are behind bars. This will protect the public and be of long-term benefit to the Bowers.

However, to blame them for their crimes is unfair. They have been reared in dysfunctional homes. The mental turbulence in their minds will be considerable. Such turbulence, for want of a better word, leads to criminal behaviour. If the Bowers had been conditioned in more favourable surroundings, they would have expressed less criminality. The collective human mind is becoming more and more chaotic as it is awakening out of its unconsciousness.

More people, like myself, are slowly recognising that we are progressing towards a higher, purer consciousness. But this won’t be easy. The “global mother” is in much pain as she is in labour. But at least she knows that her baby will be delivered safely. God will not allow His child to be harmed. Until the birth, we must wait calmly and allow the baby to come when it is ready.

As for the Bower brothers, if you point the finger at them, you point it at yourself. Remember the words of Jesus of Nazareth, who truly sacrificed himself for his friends (i.e.the entire human race): “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” "

Full text of the letter.

Reads like it was written by the poster Dutch.

It's difficult to take any views seriously from someone who writes a letter that talks about "the human mind awakening out of it's unconsciousness".  This particular example appears to be a mixture of hippy gaea theory mishmashed with Christianity.

17 hours ago, K1Machine said:

My Kids have had it rough.

Abusive mother who was Violent towards me and them. Continual involvement from ss due to their mothers behaviour.  Disrupted schooling with low attendance %. They even saw her try to kill me once. She had me arrested on false charges around a dozen times, kids interviewed at length by the police, she even went so far as to implicate them on one occasion then she upped and left 2 years ago and they have seen not hide nor hair of her for over 6 months.

Neither one of them have been in trouble with the police, one now has perfect attendance at school and the other goes to college and both are looking forward to a good future. You cant blame upbringing. Some people are just crap and always will be.

That doesn't prove anything except that so far you're kids have been lucky to not be more damaged by the things you describe.

It's not controversial to claim that a disrupted and/or violent upbringing increases the chances of criminality in adulthood.

10 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

I should imagine it's more about being born with a set a characteristics which collectively make you more likely to engage in criminal behaviour - low empathy, poor impulse control, etc. Then depending on how that base line is moulded during childhood can enhance or reduce such tendencies.

I think that these things are almost entirely a product of your environment, nurture, not nature.

I respect the fact that everybody is entitled to voice their opinion but from my point of view they are certainly to blame.  No matter what upbringing you have, you know what is right and what is wrong.  Being brought up in  dysfunctional family is no excuse.  Kids go to school and are educated to respect other people and have good manners etc.  Their family life is not the only life they have.  They made a choice.  My heart goes out to the families involved.

16 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sounds like one of the many far left wing posters on this forum, so maybe he's reading this thread?

Google shows he's also written to the Star in support of Jeremy Corbyn.

Sorry cyclone that wasn't me.

I would make a much worse better mess of it.

That letter is not bad enough written by a mediocre mind. My mind is worse than that.

Edited by dutch

2 hours ago, katekate said:

No matter what upbringing you have, you know what is right and what is wrong.  

Right and wrong aren't absolute concepts. They differ in different societies and different cultures.

They are taught, so upbringing has everything to do with it.

21 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sounds like one of the many far left wing posters on this forum, so maybe he's reading this thread?

Yaaawwwn

On 12/02/2019 at 12:56, Ridgewalk said:

Obviously a Christian that wrote it

A lefty  apologist more like. 

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Yaaawwwn

They are right. You see this sort of thing on here from certain people on a daily basis, blaming the actions of criminals on their childhood, drug abuse, etc. 

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

They are right. You see this sort of thing on here from certain people on a daily basis, blaming the actions of criminals on their childhood, drug abuse, etc. 

You got a political view from that rather than a religious one? wow.

Edited by makapaka

Have the right wing posters on here actually read the letter?

If they have and completely missed all the religious psychobabble maybe they should read it again but more slowly this time! 😉

From the same apple, two apple seeds; one planted in good soil, the other in bad. One given nourishment, care and attention. The other neglected. Many years later, we find two very different apple trees.

One apple tree looking down on the other, with a vain superiority, not considering there never was a level playing field; instead, taking all the credit for its better position in life.

There are always those more fortunate than ourselves, and many less so. While our good fortune, or lack thereof, does not excuse our misdeeds; it does go some way to explaining them.

12 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

What some people on this forum can't grasp is the subtle difference between excusing people based on their background (which nobody does) and identifying a societal problem which if addressed would reduce the level of criminality in the future.  It's a reason given for how criminality is formed in groups, and it's something that can be changed in order to improve the future.  It's not given as an excuse to remove culpability for an individual's actions.