Great British Spring Clean in Sheffield

The Keep Britain Tidy campaign is running their annual Spring Clean from the 22nd of March to the 23rd of April 2019 and as part of The Sheffield Litter Pickers group we are trying to piggy back onto this and ask everyone to pick at least 20 pieces of litter during that time. Ideally 20 pieces every day, as there's more than enough to go round. Please join in, share etc. Before anyone says it's the council's job I agree but it isn't getting done and some areas in this city are a disgrace. If we wait for the council we might drown in it.

https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/get-involved/support-our-campaigns/great-british-spring-clean

Down Attercliffe, between the new sports complex and the car wash is absolutely disgusting...to name but one place

On 12/02/2019 at 10:26, philyyy said:

The Keep Britain Tidy campaign is running their annual Spring Clean from the 22nd of March to the 23rd of April 2019 and as part of The Sheffield Litter Pickers group we are trying to piggy back onto this and ask everyone to pick at least 20 pieces of litter during that time. Ideally 20 pieces every day, as there's more than enough to go round. Please join in, share etc. Before anyone says it's the council's job I agree but it isn't getting done and some areas in this city are a disgrace. If we wait for the council we might drown in it.

https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/get-involved/support-our-campaigns/great-british-spring-clean

Good idea. Good luck with it all. Good on yer.

Thankyou.

Until you can educate people to put their litter into the bin they are leaning on instead of dropping it on the floor you are fighting a losing battle. 

On 12/02/2019 at 10:26, philyyy said:

16 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

Until you can educate people to put their litter into the bin they are leaning on instead of dropping it on the floor you are fighting a losing battle. 

Please do keep on posting the information of the upcoming events and how and where Local Sheffield people can help to clean and clear the City that they live in.

I'm sure there are DROVES of PROUD Sheffield born and bred Forumers out there, just itching to turn off their TV's and put down their pints 2 minutes, to help and to have a City to be truly proud of.

Well done,Sheffield Litter Pickers Group and keep up the good work and the awareness campaigns. GOOD ON YOU.

Thankyou.

On 19/02/2019 at 13:43, YasminWaters said:

Is anybody interested in starting a campaign in Jordanthorpe? 

That would be good, Yasmin.

I'm sure there are loads of proud, born and bred, clean living Sheffield folk in Jordanthorpe who would love to help.

Why not check the KBT and local litter pickers websites and share the info?

Good luck. Thanks.

I hope it does take off. The Council seem to have abandoned most of the City, apart from around the Town Hall and alongside the tram route on Donetsk Way, where I see them picking litter on most Tuesdays as I pass. Presuming that it is a Council team that I see.

Litter on Hazel barrow Cres Jordanthorpe

scousemouse

• scousemouse

• Members

Posted Jan 26th

•  

I reckon this must be the most litter strewn road in Sheffield!!     I wonder what the offenders do for 'community service' because its not helping to litter pick.   I was visiting a friend who lives in a flat, the person above them obviously has no ashtray, seems to thinks its fair game to throw  the dog ends out of the window!!!

Yasmin...Jordanthorpe, here's a link for you to look at (above) for the Jordanthorpe branch of Keep Sheffield Tidy.

Good luck, best wishes.

I'm not Sheffield 'born and bred' but I pick up litter .

I even pick up litter in places outside Sheffield.

An unfortunate choice of words. Its got nowt to do wi it.

There's a Facebook page called Sheffield Litter Pickers which has over 900 members where regular litter picks are arranged and advertised.

10 hours ago, max said:

There's a Facebook page called Sheffield Litter Pickers which has over 900 members where regular litter picks are arranged and advertised.

Thanks for that, Max. Sounds really good.

Appreciated.