Photos of Albert Road , Meersbrook?

I was born in Sheffield , Derbyshire lane in 1947 spent much of my childhood and youth in and around the city but now live in Cornwall . My maternal grandparents lived on Albert Road , Meersbrook , number 178 . Their home was one of a terrace which has the river running at the bottom of the garden , and looked over towards the park . The terrace was demolished around 1980 ish , flats built on the land and my very elderly late grandparents were rehoused on Cambridge Road, off Kent Road . I have a couple of very precious photos of the back of the terrace but sadly I have none of the front , I know its a long shot but I wondered if anyone happened to have any photos of the terrace which was just after the rounded corner shop where Brooklyn Road went down to the right , thank you . Edited to add that I have searched Pictures Sheffield , no joy .

Edited by cornishmaid

If you're a member of Facebook have a look on the Heeley Past and Present group. Pretty sure I've seen photographs of that area of Albert Road on there.

My wife and I lived on Albert Road from 1972 to 1983 at number 225.  Have you looked at Street View on Google Earth?  You should be able to see it as it is today unless someone has blocked the pictures as they have by our old house.

Hi , thanks but the house was demolished around 1980 , so any street view or current maps just shows the flats that were built when the terrace of about ten houses was demolished . I have just about drawn a blank now , have tried Sheffield council planning , and the archives too , so I guess I will have to make do with memories !

5 hours ago, Person6 said:

If you're a member of Facebook have a look on the Heeley Past and Present group. Pretty sure I've seen photographs of that area of Albert Road on there.

Thanks , I will have a look !