Where to buy/try an indoor aerial locally?

59 minutes ago, euclid said:

I  live in a bungalow and have three aerials fitted inside the loft (there are four rooms with seperate TV points fitted)...all done by myself.....all bought off e-bay.....the reception i receive is excellent..never had a problem ..i am in S26

Yes thats what they call  luck you got good reception and why have you got 3 ariels , With an one out

side ariel the fitter would  have spurred off to as many rooms as you want ; Thats what he did with mine one ariel 3   T V POINTS  . And i bet mine worked out cheaper than yours and he lined them all up and tuned all T V s in /   I never had to touch a thing climbing  in filth lofts wondering if they will work no thanks / Job lot about £75   12 months guarantee. 

You would never get a profentional areil fitter put an ariel insiside #

Give you some advice keep out of lofts unless you got a Mask on and old clothes you can throw away rock wool is very dangerous you can see it in the air

Sorry to jump on your thread, but I've also been wondering whether an indoor ariel or amplifier would help. My reception is terrible, nearly every single channel glitchy, sometimes it'll be ok and then degenerate into an unwatchable mess. Needless to say I never watch TV. The thing is, I'm wondering whether something else could be causing the problem. I live on a hill, and I can actually see the Crosspool mast from my window! Surely I  can't be in a better situation with regards to signal strength?

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

why have you got 3 ariels , With an one out

side ariel the fitter would  have spurred off to as many rooms as you want ;And i bet mine worked out cheaper than yours and he lined them all up and tuned all T V s in /   I never had to touch a thing climbing  in filth lofts wondering if they will work no thanks / Job lot about £75   12 months guarantee. 

There is one for the TV in the main living area,one for the wifes TV in the Kitchen,both go to seperate built in TV points,i just connect the COAX  from the aerial to the COAX in the loft leading to the TV points .... the other one goes to a junction box then feeds a TV in a bedroom and a combined TV/Computor monitor in another room at the other end of the bungalow..in 2017 they cost around £20-£22 each...This one/(Digital TV Aerial Slx 32 Element High Gain Wideband Freeview HD Outdoor/Loft Kit),...the other two were fitted long before that so will have been cheaper and were very easy to fit,...no climbing on a roof/no drilling thro' walls,no wind blowing it down,and I do like to do things myself........I did not want to "spur" off one aerial, because it would affect everything if something were to happen ,.....if your aerial goes down you will lose all reception...just to add my loft isn't filthy and is boarded out so I can walk in it...lot easier.BUT... it does depend on the area you live in for reception,...when we came here 22 years ago that is where the aerial already was...never had a prob......

2 hours ago, nuyorican said:

Sorry to jump on your thread, but I've also been wondering whether an indoor ariel or amplifier would help. My reception is terrible, nearly every single channel glitchy, sometimes it'll be ok and then degenerate into an unwatchable mess. Needless to say I never watch TV. The thing is, I'm wondering whether something else could be causing the problem. I live on a hill, and I can actually see the Crosspool mast from my window! Surely I  can't be in a better situation with regards to signal strength?

An ariel amplifier will only help with a weak signal. Poor picture quality can sometimes be made worse by boosting the signal level. If you have line of sight to Crosspool and your equipment is tuned to Crosspool it can sometimes be that your signal strength is too high and you need an attenuator to reduce the signal level (checking with your neighbours can be helpful)

An obvious question but are you using a digital ariel? Pre 2012, many people were getting reasonable digital reception with analogue ariels and assumed that this would improve once analogue was switched off. Unfortunately after the switch off, transmission power was reduced in many areas which means worse and more variable reception particularly with analogue ariel.

I had an external aerial removed about 5 years ago when i replaced all the tvs,  the aerial fitter placed a new aerial in the roof space that was about 12 inches long and ran cabling to two rooms downstairs. I've since dropped a spur into a back bedroom for the grandkids. Fabulous picture and minimal cost in reals terms.

The TV guy who did our ariel replacement told me that the digital TV's require a strong signal to make the best of them. I am surprised then that a indoor loft ariel would even work, you learn something new every day.

Angel1.