Wouldn't get in our team!

I remember when we came up from league one. How Wednesday fans wrote off our 'league one squad' that wouldn't be able to compete at this level and who were destined for a quick relegation back down again. 

As mentioned earlier, I went to a corporate day with prospective clients at Hillsborough today and how times change!!

What a poor squad Wednesday have and I tell you what, I wouldn't replace any of ours for any of yours right now. I can honestly say that there wasn't one player on show today who I would grab off you and throw into our starting XI. 

Dismal team of overpaid has beens.

19 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I remember when we came up from league one. How Wednesday fans wrote off our 'league one squad' that wouldn't be able to compete at this level and who were destined for a quick relegation back down again. 

As mentioned earlier, I went to a corporate day with prospective clients at Hillsborough today and how times change!!

What a poor squad Wednesday have and I tell you what, I wouldn't replace any of ours for any of yours right now. I can honestly say that there wasn't one player on show today who I would grab off you and throw into our starting XI. 

Dismal team of overpaid has beens.

4 Posts on Wednesday but no addressing your own teams self destruction last night. In regards to replacing any players, on last nights/todays performances I would go for Westwood for Henderson and Hector for O'Conell.

We have our faults, but we're miles ahead as a team. Wednesday are pretty much irrelevant at the moment though, at least until the game in March! 

We need to be picking up six points next week. 

Edited by SomeNextGuy

I'd have Westwood over Henderson anyday. Not sure about the rest but these players were excellent in the first playoff season, get them back to that then there would be hardly any United players I'd have over them other than Duffy maybe.

At the moment they do need to improve though, especially forrestieri

Edited by NERVY-OWL

12 hours ago, speedy69 said:

4 Posts on Wednesday but no addressing your own teams self destruction last night. In regards to replacing any players, on last nights/todays performances I would go for Westwood for Henderson and Hector for O'Conell.

Ha ha good old Speedo, always having a laugh.

Your top scorer not even on double figures yet, but you wouldn't want any of ours?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers 

What's the excuse this year?, last year it was "the entire first team is injured", you have a good weekend and enjoy yourself mate, paying more for a ticket than some Premier League clubs to watch a very poor excuse for football.

As for us against Villa, if we play like we did for the first 80 minutes in that game, when we play your boys, and you play like you did yesterday against Reading,  the 2 - 4  result will seem like mercy. 

Mind the gap. 

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'd have Westwood over Henderson anyday. Not sure about the rest but these players were excellent in the first playoff season, get them back to that then there would be hardly any United players I'd have over them other than Duffy maybe.

The lad at the top of this list Nervy, not interested in having him?

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Living in the past, 4 years ago!, 😆

14 hours ago, speedy69 said:

On the basis of one game?

I have watched Wednesday plat on several occasions this seasons and my opinion is based on all of those. 

If you based the opinion on actual fact, you would see that defensively we are superior to you guys. Haenderson has managed more clean sheets and we have conceded less goals, Think I will stick with what we have thanks all the same though.

2 hours ago, Grappler said:

Ha ha good old Speedo, always having a laugh.

Your top scorer not even on double figures yet, but you wouldn't want any of ours?

What's the excuse this year?, last year it was "the entire first team is injured", you have a good weekend and enjoy yourself mate, paying more for a ticket than some Premier League clubs to watch a very poor excuse for football.

As for us against Villa, if we play like we did for the first 80 minutes in that game, when we play your boys, and you play like you did yesterday against Reading,  the 2 - 4  result will seem like mercy. 

Mind the gap. 

The lad at the top of this list Nervy, not interested in having him?

Ey up Grapps, I think you will find that our top scorer (game for game) has a better scoring record than Sharpe this season, and a lot better than the other strikers!

37 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

On the basis of one game?

I have watched Wednesday plat on several occasions this seasons and my opinion is based on all of those. 

If you based the opinion on actual fact, you would see that defensively we are superior to you guys. Haenderson has managed more clean sheets and we have conceded less goals, Think I will stick with what we have thanks all the same though.

You aren't comparing Henderson with Westwood are you? You are comparing a seasons performances, compare Westwood with Henderson directly and come back to me!

5 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Ey up Grapps, I think you will find that our top scorer (game for game) has a better scoring record than Sharpe this season, and a lot better than the other strikers!

You aren't comparing Henderson with Westwood are you? You are comparing a seasons performances, compare Westwood with Henderson directly and come back to me!

I don't see Bayern and Tottenham sniffing around Westwood do you? 

Westwood is just another Wednesday player who is being assessed on his past records. He is nothing special any more hence why nobody came in with firm bids in the Window, 

1 minute ago, cmonkes said:

I don't see Bayern and Tottenham sniffing around Westwood do you? 

Westwood is just another Wednesday player who is being assessed on his past records. He is nothing special any more hence why nobody came in with firm bids in the Window, 

I don't see Bayern and Tottenham sniffing around Manchester Uniteds keeper, so your point is?

14 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

I don't see Bayern and Tottenham sniffing around Manchester Uniteds keeper, so your point is?

When as anyone said anything different.Talk about clutching straws.

36 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

When as anyone said anything different.Talk about clutching straws.

This makes no sense 😂