Getting to Northern General on Tuesday morn

I have to be at Northern General no later than 1030 for a 1045 appt. I know that parking in a nightmare, so plan to take an Uber.

I live near Tesco on Abbeydale Road. Any advice on how early I should leave to allow time for traffic and for the fact that it can take a while to get Uber sometimes? Google says 35 minutes at that time of day for transit. I'm thinking of making the Uber request around 9am, is that reasonable or am I allowing concerns to get the better of me and leaving too much time?

Edited by Dozer
Got the time wrong!

I'm confused!

You say that you want to be at the NGH no later than 10.30am. yet propose leaving at a time which will get you there at 10.35 at the earliest. That means that even a 10 minute delay will make you late for your appointment.

Is 10am the earliest that you can leave?

Top Cat, thank you for catching that, I think I'm getting stresssed. I meant I am thinking of leaving at 9am.  I edited my original post now.

Can’t see it taking much more than 30-45 mins to get from abbey dale road to northern 

Are you a regular hospital visitor?  Do you know where you’re going when you get there?  Do you have loads to do before the hospital visit? If the answer is no to all or most of the above, give yourself loads of time and get a drink or something (if you’re allowed) if you’re early. I’ve done my fair share of sliding through the doors with seconds to spare and it’s hard work.

Also remember that the A, B and C floors of the Huntsman building are not ground, first and second floor but basement, ground and first floor ie. if you go in through the main entrance where A&E is you are on floor B and floor A is downstairs and floor C is upstairs.

Thank you all! I'm a Northern General virgin, so will err on the side of early. Appreciate the advice re floor layout too.

Unless youre actually going to A & E there wouldnt really be much point going in through there.

The main Huntsman Building entrance is C floor but that might be irrelevant depending on where youre actually going? 

Thanks, Nikki. Just found it in the 30,000 pages of info they sent me. Huntsman B Floor. They suggest entrance from Barnsley Road.

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to get an Uber from the Northern General. Is there a pickup spot?

A

Yeah, go in via Barnsley Rd, in through the main Huntsman Entrance, walk straight on to the lifts/stairs and down one floor.

Theres no taxi rank as such but they can pick up/drop off directly outside the entrance.

Theres a nice little coffee shop just inside, if you did have a short wait for one.

Edited by nikki-red

2 minutes ago, Dozer said:

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to get an Uber from the Northern General. Is there a pickup spot?

Taxis used to drop off and pick up at the A&E end of Huntsman but not sure if they have stopped that now because of ambulance access.

A & E has a totally separate entrance, its not part of the Huntsman Building.