Blades v Villa

42 minutes ago, rogets said:

If you want to win games then you have to score more goals than the opposing team

On my coaching course we were taught that the team that scores the less goals were the losing team

You'll  have no trouble against  Reading  then, one away win all season and only 13 goals, should fill your boots

Didn't see that coming after 80 min

Two of the seasons most reliable players contrive to gift Villa 3 goals.

There were reports in the press this week that some of the biggest clubs in europe were looking at Henderson, and for those of us who watch him every week you can understand why.On last nights showing though i think they might be looking elsewhere .

And what was JOC doing with the attempted clearance in the 94th min? It gets worse every time i watch it.

Season defining game against Boro on Wednesday me thinks.

8 minutes ago, atticus said:

Didn't see that coming after 80 min

Two of the seasons most reliable players contrive to gift Villa 3 goals.

There were reports in the press this week that some of the biggest clubs in europe were looking at Henderson, and for those of us who watch him every week you can understand why.On last nights showing though i think they might be looking elsewhere .

And what was JOC doing with the attempted clearance in the 94th min? It gets worse every time i watch it.

Season defining game against Boro on Wednesday me thinks.

Yep, the team that could"nt  beat Newport in 2 attempts.  (sorry Mooks).

I went, and at 60 minutes there fans were walking out in droves.

Never a bigger lesson to not leave early.

Two Hendo blunders, and JOC who you'd bet your house on just needed to put a foot on it and into row Z. Disaster.

I'm 50:50 on the subs. I think he wanted fresh legs and tighten up. But we'd have been better pressing up and keeping the pressure on.

Right kick in the middle stump though. Hopefully be some points to prove against boro midweek.

Well they were a few uncharacteristic mistakes, Deano and JOC.  Deano should have stopped the last one.  

Very gracious of the Villa fans on their forum, saying we were the best team they have seen at Villa park in a while.

If we play like we played for the first 80 minutes, we can beat anybody.

Dowell was pretty good but he needs a bit more strength on the ball. 

Billy Sharp,  well, what can you say, 100 goals for the Blades and the leagues top scorer.

Just now, SgtDave said:

How did Wednesday get on today against one of the worst clubs in the league?

A tightly contested 0-0 win, Brucie Bonus. 

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Yep, the team that could"nt  beat Newport in 2 attempts.  (sorry Mooks).

No worries m8 be a toughy for both teams  this seasons been a rollercoaster for all involved. Yes of course l would like a boro win but with my team l dont know which one will turn up. Hope its the one that bagged up the baggies.. Whatever happens will still be about dont go off people just because of the team they support.. 

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

Well they were a few uncharacteristic mistakes, Deano and JOC.  Deano should have stopped the last one.  

Very gracious of the Villa fans on their forum, saying we were the best team they have seen at Villa park in a while.

Billy Sharp,  well, what can you say, 100 goals for the Blades and the leagues top scorer.

Big G towd billy knows where the net is 🥅 but neither can muster a win mmmm just trying to find 3 reasons not to get up set about it .😁

1 hour ago, SgtDave said:

How did Wednesday get on today against one of the worst clubs in the league?

A bit like United against the hapless Ipswich.....

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

And if you play like you did for the last 8 minutes you can lose to anyone, swings and roundabouts Grapps!

We defended very poorly for the last few minutes.

Some teams have been defending very poorly all season.

Loads of positives to be taken from the game, 3 away goals, great performance for most of the game, at a venue many would fold,  

We have taken 4 points off the club who were pre season favs and  have a squad valued at god knows how many millions.

Oh the fat lad from Sheffield had a fair game too .  "WILL NEVER MAKE IT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP"  they said :)  

20 hours ago, Grappler said:

You are correct Sheff 6 payed  AND AS USUAL GOT ROBBED of their money and witnessed another great 0 0 VICTORY. No wonder they always watch  us on tele for their excitement  .It must be like watching paint dry over there .Never a dull moment at the Lane ask Sky tele they can not get enough of us .Even more so after Friday nights unbelievable match a great watch and the Blades played some great football for 80 mins I will not mention the other ten mins 😁😄You always get value for money with the Blades even if it is sometimes painful but it is always great to watch. 

3 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

Loads of positives to be taken from the game, 3 away goals, great performance for most of the game, at a venue many would fold,  

We have taken 4 points off the club who were pre season favs and  have a squad valued at god knows how many millions.

Oh the fat lad from Sheffield had a fair game too .  "WILL NEVER MAKE IT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP"  they said :)  

I agree Pounds worth when that fat lad gets to grips with this very hard league I think he might score one or two you know.I fear there are some who think he can not do it in this league you know .I can not wait until he gets to grips with it if ever he does of course ,these guys could be wrong but I doubt it because they know everything about football. 🤣 🤣.

100 goals for the Blades

Leading goal scorer in the Championship

Highest goal scorer this century in the league

Cost a HUGE 500,000 pounds