How do I fit a reversing camera

I have a 2003 registered Honda CRV and the reversing sensors have packed up so I have bought a reversing camera which I intend to fit myself.

Does anyone know where the control box for the sensors might be fitted and how I might get to it.  If I can find it where is,  I can disconnect the old sensors and use the reversing light feed to supply the new camera unit and the somehow run a wire to the front of the car to the mirror.

All advice would be welcome as I really don't know where to start. I did look for tips on the internet but couldn't find anything useful, although I believe I might have to remove some of the boot panels.

Are the reversing sensors aftermarket??  If so the box could be anywhere.

23 minutes ago, geared said:

Are the reversing sensors aftermarket??  If so the box could be anywhere.

I'm pretty sure 2003 CR-V didn't come with any sensors or cameras as standard so any thing fitted will probably be aftermarket.

Do your reversing lights work? Most parking sensor systems are powered from the reversing light feed so that they are only energised when reverse is selected. Check reversing light operation/fuse before getting to involved in replacement. This also means that the control box will be found somewhere in the boot area.

Good luck!

With your eyes in the back of your head😀

A switch which you switch on when you reverse ?

19 hours ago, Stonks said:

I have a 2003 registered Honda CRV and the reversing sensors have packed up so I have bought a reversing camera which I intend to fit myself.

Does anyone know where the control box for the sensors might be fitted and how I might get to it.  If I can find it where is,  I can disconnect the old sensors and use the reversing light feed to supply the new camera unit and the somehow run a wire to the front of the car to the mirror.

All advice would be welcome as I really don't know where to start. I did look for tips on the internet but couldn't find anything useful, although I believe I might have to remove some of the boot panels.

Find which reversing light has been used to power the control box then follow the wire back to the box ,I’d say box will be fastened behind a panel in the boot area 

When i fitted mine i found the live wire powering the reversing light. I connected the red live wire from the rear view camera to that. When my reverse light comes on the display then switches to the rear camera.

Search youtube as someone has probably made a video doing the install. Failing that search on Google/Yahoo/Bing, you have an audience of millions there rather than a few 100 who regularly look here who have a slim chance of having installed a reversing camera.