Albert Finney RIP

One of the icons from 1950s & 1960s has passed away.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/08/albert-finney-dies-film-tom-jones-orient-express-millers-crossing

Brilliant in Tom Jones.

Saturday night and  sunday Morning. His best film ever.  He played Arthur Seaton.  RIP 

27 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Saturday night and  sunday Morning. His best film ever.  He played Arthur Seaton.  RIP 

It was a ground breaking film when it was released apparently. I'm not too fond of it. Billy Liar is my fave from that era. He gave a great performance in the 1990s adaptation of The Browning Version.

52 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

That film bred Coronation Street worse luck. 😒 "I'm out for a good time, all the rest is propaganda."  Great line from Albert In that film  RIP Mr. Finney.

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It was a ground breaking film when it was released apparently. I'm not too fond of it. Billy Liar is my fave from that era. He gave a great performance in the 1990s adaptation of The Browning Version.

He was pretty good in Erin Brockovich too.

21 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

That film bred Coronation Street worse luck. 😒 "I'm out for a good time, all the rest is propaganda."  Great line from Albert In that film  RIP Mr. Finney.

That was funny when he shot the Fat woman on the bum with his Pellet gun.:hihi:

36 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

... That film bred Coronation Street worse luck. 😒 "I'm out for a good time, all the rest is propaganda."  Great line from Albert In that film  RIP Mr. Finney.

Around 1961 I saw the stage version of Billy Liar (film was 1963) at a theatre in London with Albert Finney playing 'Billy'.RIP Albert.

Edited by St Petre
Add

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

That was funny when he shot the Fat woman on the bum with his Pellet gun.:hihi:

Not seen it for years but know it was filmed in Nottingham. Was it him or Norman Rossington who fired the pellet gun?

Just watched some clips of his early film work on the BBC News item about his death, and what struck me was that although it was almost 60 years ago, the portrayal of working class life was way more accurate and sympathetic than most of the 'Benefits Britain' type rubbish littering our screens today.

RIP

45 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Around 1961 I saw the stage version of Billy Liar (film was 1963) at a theatre in London with Albert Finney playing 'Billy'.RIP Albert.

What a fantastic memory to have. A great actor in a great play.

I was once talking to him at the bar in the Crucible, he was biding his time while his then girlfriend Catherine Harrison  was on stage, I believe she was Rex Harrison granddaughter. 

He was so normal and down to earth and didn't  I hear on the news tonight that he turned down a title because it was too 'posh'. Well that's  Albert.

He also when asked if he regretted not getting an Oscar* replied that "it's a long way to go to sit in a non smoking, non drinking room for hours on end in the hope that someone will call your name out.

(*he was nominated five times)

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Not seen it for years but know it was filmed in Nottingham. Was it him or Norman Rossington who fired the pellet gun?

It was albert finney.  She fetched the local bobby to his house. :hihi: