Ram raid at Asda walkley

Went to Asda on South Road this morning and saw that shutters had been removed at entrance and temporary wooden doors were in place. The store was open and I learned a failed ram raid had taken place at Approximately 3 am

21 minutes ago, Steve marriot said:

Went to Asda on South Road this morning and saw that shutters had been removed at entrance and temporary wooden doors were in place. The store was open and I learned a failed ram raid had taken place at Approximately 3 am

May be the same people that tried ram raiding the Tesco on Herries Road, Southey yesterday. That attempt failed too.. 

Guest makapaka

I saw the temporary wooden doors - presumed they were just being replaced -where did you hear about a ram raid?

19 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

May be the same people that tried ram raiding the Tesco on Herries Road, Southey yesterday. That attempt failed too.. 

Practice makes perfect

Imagine ram raiding an Asda.  If you're going to ram raid a supermarket, at least make sure it's half decent.

They've done the Tesco on infirmary road too. There's an article in the star.

29 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I saw the temporary wooden doors - presumed they were just being replaced -where did you hear about a ram raid?

It was on social media

Edited by rudds1

I'd imagine that ram raiding a 'low rent' supermarket like ASDA or Tescos would be a bit like Supermarket Sweep where you have a limited amount of time to grab as many high value items as possible (remembering that a joint of beef is more valuable than an equivalent sized bottle of whisky!)  😂😂

49 minutes ago, bertyboop said:

They've done the Tesco on infirmary road too. There's an article in the star.

The article online is so poorly written you can't figure out if Tesco was actually robbed or not.

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I'd imagine that ram raiding a 'low rent' supermarket like ASDA or Tescos would be a bit like Supermarket Sweep where you have a limited amount of time to grab as many high value items as possible (remembering that a joint of beef is more valuable than an equivalent sized bottle of whisky!)  😂😂

Given the price of a packet of cigarettes they probably just take those and leave everything else.

Edited by geared

The incident was actually Wednesday night/early Thursday and the store was shut for most of the day yesterday.

Would have thought there were more lucrative places to target, to be honest!

6 minutes ago, geared said:

The article online is so poorly written you can't figure out if Tesco was actually robbed or not.

Given the price of a packet of cigarettes they probably just take those and leave everything else.

Although cigarettes are behind extra security which would prolong their ‘grab and go’. 

1 hour ago, geared said:

When the Tesco in dinnington was done the main thing the  thieves got was PS4 / Xbox games