How to open a student bank account in Sheffield?

Hi,

my name is elgar. i am pursuing master in business administration in hallam university. i am in need of a bank account, but i am not a resident of Sheffield. How can i get a bank account then?

Visit a bank?

Elgar, a bit of an enigma !

(someone’s got to say it)

Master in business administration.....how to open a bank account....steep learning curve ahead!

If you are a student from abroad, use Hallam student services for advice as you cannot normally open a UK student account.

For UK students go on line to compare the best signing on deal for you.

4 hours ago, smithy266 said:

Master in business administration.....how to open a bank account....steep learning curve ahead!

You beat me to it, looks like a difficult course ahead

There may be a bit more to this.

The guy's  location is stated as India. When he says he is persuing a course at Hallam Uni, he may mean that this  is his  intention when he eventually arrives from India. Maybe he is just planning ahead.

Or, he may have only just arrived here. To be fair, if I had just got off a plane in Calcutta I would not have a clue.

Elger, if you have not been frightened off please post again. There is help & guidence available here.

Good point

One might expect the university to provide information of this sort to their prospective overseas students it is hard enough as a UK citizen these days opening an account

With one of these new on-line accounts such as Starling you can do the whole thing in less than five minutes if you’ve got a passport or driving licence and an ipad