fishing on the don

I was wondering how and where I might get some good silver fish action on the don ? im coming  over for a visit for a few days in a couple of weeks to see the grand son and thought id have look on one of my old haunts so to speak. ty

Hi, not been for a while but my son and I used to fish the salmon Pastures and East Coast road stretches.

Salmon Pastures,Stevenson road/East coast road all fishing well dependant on river level ,caster finds the better fish although maggot will produce grayling and hundreds of pinks

I've been fishing the tidal Don around Doncaster big bream , roach and pike up to 20

if you decide to fish it be careful only go in pairs as the banks are lethal

5 minutes ago, Audilad said:

Salmon Pastures,Stevenson road/East coast road all fishing well dependant on river level ,caster finds the better fish although maggot will produce grayling and hundreds of pinks

I've been fishing the tidal Don around Doncaster big bream , roach and pike up to 20

if you decide to fish it be careful only go in pairs as the banks are lethal

Edited by Audilad

Sorry, didn't see this until now... a week late!! But at least it's info for next season (June 16th)

the stretch running through Centenary Nature Reserve near Rotherham's New York stadium is outstanding

absolutely full of roach & dace, I'm told there are barbel & chub present too but I've not tried for them

It's deep so be prepared for that, averaging 9ft deep in some runs, but of course there are shallower areas

I've fished down there half a dozen times last autumn & had net-fulls of roach, between 60 & 100 fish each time, it's ideal whip water or long rod trotting, maggot over groundbait

watch out for the pike

there's a small car park adjacent which I have used with no problems (so far!)