iPad locked to 02

Can an iPad that’s locked to 02 be unlocked at home ,if so how ?

In my Experience:

IT Depends on what the rules were when you bought it.

If I have iPad say which was locked to '3' Services, which is fully paid for, I can use it as it is, just on Wifi or Put a '3' Chip in either monthly/PAYG and it would work fine, anywhere providing I Paid, for the time or contract.

I could not however, Put an '02' one in and it work! Not With out it being UN - LOCKED.

However I could ring '3' CS and as its PAID for, Ask them to unlock it! For me.

If however, it has been obtained Legitimately Second Hand, due to data protection rules, you would have to ask the original purchaser to contact their service providers to do this for you, on your behalf.

If it's locked for a different reason, it could be a misplaced, locked one, and this renders it useless, like broken in all actions, SO NO.

You could take it to 'Apple Shop' for a Service/Repair, but very costly.....action.

Edited by DeZeus
.:.

Concluding if it was obtained Legitimately (no aspersions intended)

Say purchased by yourself from 'O2' contact by Telephone to O2 Customer Services, for Help.

I’ve bought it off someone ,will contact him to see if he will contact 02 to get it unlocked  thank you for the reply 

If it's locked to o2, just stick an o2 PayG sim in it, and give them a call...

Doesn't matter if it's been purchased second hand or not....

Is this not similar to a locked mobile where if you are a customer of a provider for a minimum of 30 days, that provider has to give you an unlock code for your device.

I had a Vodafone locked Nokia Lumia which the 'phone shop' wanted £45 to unlock. I bought a £5 PAYG Vodafone sim card, registered it and stuck it in the phone and after 30 days I emailed Vodafone with the IMEI number for the phone and they emailed me back an unlock code. Job done.

Surely a cellular iPad is just another mobile device?

Yea but I don't think they use unlock codes, but the process might work in a similar fashion?