Pretend Police Force

SYP always find ridiculous numbers of officers for matches in Sheffield, believing it's still the 70s or 80s. According to BBC

• The most expensive policing operation in England was Sheffield Wednesday against Sheffield United at Hillsborough, which cost £203,000. The home club was billed for £41,000.

Either this is the most volatile match in the country or SYP need to wake up.

4 hours ago, Halibut said:

Poor choice, and yes, I think you have to share some of the blame.

Good, that validates my logic that I can blame voters of Tony Blair for brexit then. Thanks :)

9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

How about we cancel brexit, cancel the reduction in corporation tax rates and the funding can come from there.

How about we just eject remoaners from the country. 

Reducing the population by a few million would reduce the amount of money needed on other resources... 

When crimes pile up, they become invisible. -Bertolt Brecht

19 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Some lowlife threatened to kill Yvette Cooper MP's kids and grandkids via Twitter. Are you seriously trying to suggest that this should be ignored? 🙄

There's a difference between a death threat and saying something offensive. My point was that limited resources should be used to focus on crimes that have a real impact on real people, as opposed to professional offence takers.

13 hours ago, Resident said:

How about we just eject remoaners from the country. 

Reducing the population by a few million would reduce the amount of money needed on other resources... 

That would be hilarious, eject the majority of the net tax payers, the majority of business and you'll be left with a bunch of disgruntled working class and a handful of rich people intending to make a huge profit from brexit whilst relocating their personal assets and businesses out of the danger zone.

Far from reducing the amount of money needed, much like brexit itself, it would leave the leavers with a massive black hole in their finances and nothing resembling a plan.

35 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

That would be hilarious, eject the majority of the net tax payers, the majority of business and you'll be left with a bunch of disgruntled working class and a handful of rich people intending to make a huge profit from brexit whilst relocating their personal assets and businesses out of the danger zone.

Far from reducing the amount of money needed, much like brexit itself, it would leave the leavers with a massive black hole in their finances and nothing resembling a plan.

I think they mean eject Remoaners, not Remainers.

Remainers are normal reasonable people, a benefit to society. Remoaners are the type we all know, who constantly whine about everything and actually don't contribute anything positive, because they don't know how to. The type who is a pain in the butt at work, or you get stuck next to on the train.

Woodview.,

I don't mean to be rude, but what is that all about. It contributes nothing to the discussion. Please get back on topic.

I'll help you. Should "Joe public " start to organise neighbourhood watches to protect their property? Should they collectively fund CCTV installations in their neighbourhood? If the Police can't protect you, you have to protect yourself. I'd go so far as to say, that knife crime is beyond their control

(Just look at the latest figures).

Edited by petemcewan

On 05/02/2019 at 23:07, lottiecass said:

Less crime el cid? more like less reported crime is more likely. People that have stuff nicked or damaged usually do not bother to report because nothing will be done about it.The police are having enough trouble covering the serious stuff so no chance for anything minor.

Well they should report it. Even if nothing is done, if the crime stats show nothing is being done its more ammunition to use to pressure people to change the situation. If its not reported the police can claim there is no problem.

23 hours ago, woodview said:

SYP always find ridiculous numbers of officers for matches in Sheffield, believing it's still the 70s or 80s. According to BBC

• The most expensive policing operation in England was Sheffield Wednesday against Sheffield United at Hillsborough, which cost £203,000. The home club was billed for £41,000.

If it's that volatile, then perhaps there is an argument given the cost to the tax payer (or is this all paid for by the football clubs?) that fans should not be allowed to attend these matches. Nor should pubs be allowed to show them in Sheffield. Then the money could be redirected elsewhere.

16 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

professional offence takers.

😂

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

If it's that volatile, then perhaps there is an argument given the cost to the tax payer (or is this all paid for by the football clubs?) that fans should not be allowed to attend these matches. Nor should pubs be allowed to show them in Sheffield. Then the money could be redirected elsewhere.

My point is, it isn't. But SYP in their wisdom have decided to Police it to within an inch of its life. On that one match, they've reported a cost to themselves of about £160k. I cannot for the life of me think why they do it, except for paranoia after the disaster.

The other options you mention aren't viable option btw.