Sheffield Wednesday's Advertisement Revenue?

I've just watched an interview with Steve Bruce at the Ipswich ground and I noticed how few sponsors were on show on the backboards.

I then watched another one held at Hillsborough and it struck me how little income we also get from Companies.

I think there were 3 ads on display, D TAXIS (who?) Elev8 (who?) and Chansiri.

I would imagine that sponsors pay pretty good dosh  to be seen worldwide at Football Stadia and other sports grounds.

I know that the Championship has the second biggest attendances in Europe (maybe the world?) and I assume that Championship  games are viewed quite regularly around Europe.

On that basis, why are our boards at S6 almost devoid of outside advertising?

Like match fees, shirts and such, are Chansiri's fees for adverts restricting sponsorship and advertising?

Wouldn't a re-think be in order and ad revenue improved to make day to day running a bit more manageable?

Surely, it's got to be easier and more lucrative than the present 1867 initiative? Both plans would give us very welcome revenue, so why haven't we got much take up on it?

Just a thought.  

Edited by Hotmale 1954

56 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I've just watched an interview with Steve Bruce at the Ipswich ground and I noticed how few sponsors were on show on the backboards.

I then watched another one held at Hillsborough and it struck me how little income we also get from Companies.

I think there were 3 ads on display, D TAXIS (who?) Elev8 (who?) and Chansiri.

I would imagine that sponsors pay pretty good dosh  to be seen worldwide at Football Stadia and other sports grounds.

I know that the Championship has the second biggest attendances in Europe (maybe the world?) and I assume that Championship  games are viewed quite regularly around Europe.

On that basis, why are our boards at S6 almost devoid of outside advertising?

Like match fees, shirts and such, are Chansiri's fees for adverts restricting sponsorship and advertising?

Wouldn't a re-think be in order and ad revenue improved to make day to day running a bit more manageable?

Surely, it's got to be easier and more lucrative than the present 1867 initiative? Both plans would give us very welcome revenue, so why haven't we got much take up on it?

Just a thought.  

We also hear of how PL clubs would survive without crowd receipts. There is obviously big money in advertising, ground naming and sponsorship thats for sure.   Time for DC to take a look at his marketing strategy.

all our 3 advertiser dont really exist 

the taxi company is a paper company,but doesnt have taxis as yet

the elev 11 is the company that sponsor&make our shirts

chansiri is the owners company

but i agree although the above are legal they are not the same  as

the big sports companys,but swfc dont have for whatever a big  sports company making there shirts ect

we need big companys like other football clubs,ours are very odd

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

the big sports companys,but swfc dont have for whatever a big  sports company making there shirts ect

Are you sure its legal Bassett?

As long as they do not have money lenders or betting companies they can advertise owt they want for me.

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

Are you sure its legal Bassett?

If you have any information, pass it on to the police.

So D Taxis don't actually exist as a taxi company; how's that work then?

I was at Hillsborough a few months ago and their name was all over the advertising boards.

The chairman puts more money into the club than any other sponsors would, Hillsborough has a tarnished name and will not attract blue chip companies, the money we could get in would be minimal.

I think that it’s quite a bit of money, but not enough to run the club.

On 05/02/2019 at 15:19, bassett one said:

What's Elev 11?

I must have missed it.

Elev 8 is supposed to be an energy drink isn't it?

A 'Taxi firm' with no telephone number or App will soon go out of business.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

47 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

What's Elev 11?

I must have missed it.

Elev 8 is supposed to be an energy drink isn't it?

A 'Taxi firm' with no telephone number or App will soon go out of business.

It's a 'scam' for chansiri to put money in to the club, without breaking ffp rules. Instead of giving money, he sets up a taxi company with no cars and buys advertising with the club.

7 hours ago, woodview said:

It's a 'scam' for chansiri to put money in to the club, without breaking ffp rules. Instead of giving money, he sets up a taxi company with no cars and buys advertising with the club.

If it's not breaking any rules, it must be open to every club. Who's being scammed?