Liam Neeson Interview.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Liam Neeson was good in the film Schindler’s List, very good acting. It certainly helped his career.

The last few films I have seen him in, he’s played the part of an action man, surely he is getting too old for these types of films at his age. 

I wouldn’t like to say what will happen to his career now. 

Still looking rather good for his age though. 

By the way, regarding  those who have defended him such as John Barnes, Ive just been reading that Whoopi Goldberg is supporting  him. 

Edited by nikki-red

On 05/02/2019 at 20:06, Top Cats Hat said:

The fool is now trying to blame being brought up during  'The Troubles' for making him a racist!

Do you think Neeson should be prosecuted for attempted hate crime?

Here's things he actually said in the interview:

We were doing a press junket and the topic of the film is revenge, it's a dark comedy too, but its base is revenge. And the lady journalist was asking me "How do you tap into that?" and I remembered an incident, nearly 40 years ago, where a very dear friend of mine was brutally raped and I was out of the country, and when I came back she told me about this.

She handled the situation incredibly bravely, but I had never felt this feeling before, which was a primal urge to lash out.

I asked her "Did you know the person?", it was a man... no. "His race?" She said he was a black man. I thought "Okay..." And after that there were some nights I went out deliberately into black areas in the city, looking to be set upon so that I could unleash physical violence. I did it four, maybe four or five, times until I caught myself and it really shocked me, this primal urge. It shocked me and it hurt me.

I did seek help. I went to a priest who heard my confession - I was raised a catholic. I had two very good friends that I talked to, and believe it or not… power walking. Two hours every day to get rid of this.

I'm not racist, this was nearly 40 years ago. But because I was brought up, maybe I’m rabbiting on Robin so forgive me. I was brought up in the north of Ireland and brought up in the Troubles, the 60s, 70s and early 80s...There was a war going on in the north of Ireland and I had acquaintances who were involved in the Troubles, the bigotry… one catholic would be killed, the next day a protestant would be killed. One catholic pub would be bombed, a protestant pub would be bombed. I grew up surrounded by that, but I was never part of it.

If she had said an Irish or a Scot or a Brit or a Lithuanian, I know it would have had the same effect. I was trying to show honour and stand up for my dear friend in this terrible medieval fashion. And I’m a fairly intelligent guy and that’s why it shocked me when I came down to earth after having these horrible feelings. Luckily, no violence occurred ever, thanks be to God. Yeah I know, that was my feeling. I did want to lash out, yes, because my friend was brutally raped and I thought I was defending her honour, and I admit that. It’s a learning curve…

To talk, to open up, to talk about these things. We all pretend we're all politically correct, I mean, in this country, it’s the same in my own, sometimes you scratch the surface and discover this racism and bigotry, and it's there.

I remember when we were shooting Schindler’s List in Poland 25 years ago, 26 years ago almost, and hearing remarks from drivers who were taking us to the set and thinking to myself “am I hearing this right? This guy is making anti-Jewishcomments to me who’s playing Oskar Schindler in the back of the car." It happened several times. Sometimes, driving to the set, we would see swastika signs painted on walls, knowing we were being driven past this area to go to set.

(Interviewer) :- And you’re not shying away, you’re admitting that it’s wrong, you’ve learned from that. But you have to also understand the pain of a black person hearing what you said.

Neeson: Absolutely, you're absolutely right. And at the time, even though this was nearly 40 years ago, I didn't think about that. All those things surprised me, but it was this primal hatred, I guess, that really really shocked me, when I eventually came down to earth and saw what I was doing, going out looking for a fight. Violence breeds violence, bigotry breeds bigotry.

From: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/liam-neeson-racism-interview-good-morning-america-robin-roberts-a8764286.html

Edited by woodview

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Do you think Neeson should be prosecuted for attempted hate crime?

Do you think Comrade Delta should be prosecuted for rape?

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do you think Comrade Delta should be prosecuted for rape?

Save your hate for the Daily Mail.

6 hours ago, janie48 said:

Still looking rather good for his age though. 

By the way, regarding  those who have defended him such as John Barnes, Ive just been reading that Whoopi Goldberg is supporting  him. 

Yes I agree with you.  He is still good for his age.

I don't believe it happened at all Liam Neeson is a actor not a hard man as he likes to think of himself lets just get what he is AN ACTOR A PRETEND HARD MAN he is not or never has been as he is portrayed in his movies of late......

He had a movie coming out based on REVENGE....... do I need to say anymore don't be fooled or conned by these actors as the term says they are actors.......

'IF YOU SIT BY THE RIVERBANK LONG ENOUGH ALL YOUR ENEMIES WILL FLOAT ON BY'

Yesterdays chip paper now Box 11. Bet most folks will have forgotten what it was all about.

Angel1.

10 hours ago, Box11 said:

I don't believe it happened at all Liam Neeson is a actor not a hard man as he likes to think of himself lets just get what he is AN ACTOR A PRETEND HARD MAN he is not or never has been as he is portrayed in his movies of late......

He had a movie coming out based on REVENGE....... do I need to say anymore don't be fooled or conned by these actors as the term says they are actors.......

'IF YOU SIT BY THE RIVERBANK LONG ENOUGH ALL YOUR ENEMIES WILL FLOAT ON BY'

No, I've seen him take down 10 men single handed on a luxury yacht.

But at some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.