Liam Neeson Interview.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think it was very honest of him to admit how he felt in that moment of heightened stress. It's a shame that there are some idiots on social media that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

The fact that he's been honest doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

If someone is an honest racist they are still racist.

35 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Going back to Neeson, again, different times. He’s 66 now, we could be going back 40 odd years. Angry, yes very possibly racist but given his background not incredibly surprising. Can't people change as they grow up, move round, and experience different things? 

Yes I'm sure some people can change, and thankfully some people do. 

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

For brave I read stupid.

What people need to realise about millionaire celebrities  especially from america, is that they live in their own particular kind of bubble which makes it really difficult to judge how normal people will respond to something.

That is why they have PR people.

My first reaction was disgust but when you actually think about it by making this public he obviously knew it would reflect badly on him but what it might do is get people thinking a bit more deeply about their own attitudes towards race.The problem is there is such a media outcry when people say anything like this that its rarely talked about in public but that does not mean the issues go away.I believe it would be much more positive if high profile people were more open about their feelings and short comings in this area instead of just being ultra careful  to leave this area well alone as they are no doubt advised, worried that they might be lambasted by the press.He also said he was alarmed at his own attitude so  he is basically publicly questioning his own thought process.I think it was very honest of him to open up about his own serious issues in relation to race.

John Barnes has strongly supported him.

Edited by Fudbeer

8 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

My first reaction was disgust but when you actually think about it by making this public he obviously knew it would reflect badly on him but what it might do is get people thinking a bit more deeply about their own attitudes towards race.The problem is there is such a media outcry when people say anything like this that its rarely talked about in public but that does not mean the issues go away.I believe it would be much more positive if high profile people were more open about their feelings and short comings in this area instead of just being ultra careful  to leave this area well alone as they are no doubt advised, worried that they might be lambasted by the press.He also said he was alarmed at his own attitude so  he is basically publicly questioning his own thought process.I think it was very honest of him to open up about his own serious issues in relation to race.

John Barnes has strongly supported him.

Yes, I read John Barnes comments and he's done what most of us haven't done and read the whole transcript.

4 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

How thoroughly depressing. Pass me the valium.

I think the Police have enough on their hands catching "real" criminals, not imaginary ones.

Angels.

7 hours ago, geared said:

There are parts of that interview you can't even directly quote as they are so bad.

Really ? Ive read it and didnt see anything you call " so bad " 

The fool is now trying to blame being brought up during  'The Troubles' for making him a racist!

He had, in my opinion, racist thoughts 40 years ago, that he is admitting to now. I'm not sure what his motivation was for saying this now, but after 4 decades it's quite likely he has changed. 

37 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The fool is now trying to blame being brought up during  'The Troubles' for making him a racist!

I think being the age he was, in the era he was, with the background he had May well have had an impact.