Liam Neeson Interview.

Liam Neeson is in bother over his recent interview which many are saying is a hate crime, others are saying it's blatantly racism. Or is it a publicity stunt "gone wrong". 

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I think it was very honest of him to admit how he felt in that moment of heightened stress. It's a shame that there are some idiots on social media that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

Edited by Mister M

It wasn't a moment, in his own words it was about a week.

He freely admitted to walking the streets carrying a weapon looking to get into a fight with a black person, purely because they were black.

Edited by geared

In that moment ? Walked around with a cosh and the intention for a week ?

There are parts of that interview you can't even directly quote as they are so bad.

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think it was very honest of him to admit how he felt in that moment of heightened stress. It's a shame that there are some idiots on social media that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

It doesnt matter if it was heightened stress or not. you dont bring racism into it.

personally,,,i got mugged twice in pitsmoor, by black men............i didnt then go round hating all blackmen (just those 2), i have also been been attacked / robbed by White men too over the decades.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

It doesnt matter if it was heightened stress or not. you dont bring racism into it.

personally,,,i got mugged twice in pitsmoor, by black men............i didnt then go round hating all blackmen (just those 2), i have also been been attacked / robbed by White men too over the decades.

I do wonder what the boy Liam was thinking doing that interview, ill advised doesn't even get close.

I'm not sure what he would have done it the attacker had been white, more or less the same I suppose. I understand the anger he might have felt, but, it's 2019 and you're promoting a film - don't say you spent a week looking for a "black *******" to kill, make it a white guy with an eyepatch or something.

40 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I do wonder what the boy Liam was thinking doing that interview, ill advised doesn't even get close.

I'm not sure what he would have done it the attacker had been white, more or less the same I suppose. I understand the anger he might have felt, but, it's 2019 and you're promoting a film - don't say you spent a week looking for a "black *******" to kill, make it a white guy with an eyepatch or something.

its like that teacher guy who was in the news recently over his year book and racism, people said hes not racist, look at at what hes done since. The problem i have is....to do that type of thing means there must be the thoughts in your head, racist thoughts, they dont go away, its fundamentally you. you can push them to one side but essentially they stay there

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

its like that teacher guy who was in the news recently over his year book and racism, people said hes not racist, look at at what hes done since. The problem i have is....to do that type of thing means there must be the thoughts in your head, racist thoughts, they dont go away, its fundamentally you. you can push them to one side but essentially they stay there

Don't worry Mel. When the technology catches up, there's going to be plenty of support to put thought crime on the statute book.

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I don’t think the governor in states is racist now, he was stupid then. I’m not sure you lead the life he appears to have led being racist. If he had been, they’d have piled on the accusations - he was a paediatric surgeon wasn’t he, the Republicans would have gone through every single patient he had ever had looking for more dirt. It doesn’t look like there has been any more to find. He’s now denying it, and again I don’t blame him, IF, and if is the word, he doesn’t think it’s him, it’s a blurry pic in yearbook after all. I was shown pictures of me in the 90s recently and I wasn’t dressed as a KKK member or in blackface and I wasn’t totally sure it was me under that dodgy haircut

Going back to Neeson, again, different times. He’s 66 now, we could be going back 40 odd years. Angry, yes very possibly racist but given his background not incredibly surprising. Can’t people grow as they grow up, move round, and experience different things?