Cheating On UK Citizenship Test

So a BBC journalist has uncovered cheating by both a  company, (although it does seem more widespread), paid & trusted to run the UK Citizenship Test & the immigrants wanting citizenship & ultimately a UK passport. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47047719

Those running these companies should have the book thrown at them; heavy fines & prison sentences.  Afterall they are being paid public money to carry out these test on behalf of the Home Office. 

As for the immigrants taking the tests?  The very fact that they are trying to cheat their way to citizenship & a UK passport, should bar them from spending any more time in the UK. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

I think that there are much worse things to worry about at the moment than this! 🙄

Well, when you contract in the lowest bidder to run your services for you, you shouldn't be surprised if they're crap.

19 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Well, when you contract in the lowest bidder to run your services for you, you shouldn't be surprised if they're crap.

exactly...we seem to be on a race to the bottom :(

2 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

Agree with you on the lowest bidder angle, (reminds me of the recent story of the company given the contract to run additional freight ferry services after Brexit who have no experience in the matter or any ferries either!) but the fact that we have immigrants all prepared to be complicit in the deception is also another factor. 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

but the fact that we have immigrants all prepared to be complicit in the deception is also another factor. 

no it isnt, you seem to have your facts all muddled up to suit a racist agenda.

Immigrants will do anything to further their cause, they are generally desperate so will do desperate things. The shocking matter that (cheap or not) uk companies, especially one chosen to do the test is complicit in the deed is far far worse.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think that there are much worse things to worry about at the moment than this! 🙄

Different people worry about different things. Your priorities might not be theirs.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

The shocking matter that (cheap or not) uk companies, especially one chosen to do the test is complicit in the deed is far far worse.

I believe an external training company organised the cheating. The contracted test centre weren't complicit (or weren't shown to be) . They didn't do their job properly, by failing to check for electronic gadgets / phonesnin the test.

28 minutes ago, woodview said:

Different people worry about different things. Your priorities might not be theirs

Clearly not.

The citizenship test is a complete waste of time which most people who have lived in the UK all their lives would struggle to pass.

Who cares if people cheat at it? It's not as though it has consequences like cheating at a DVLA written test or a First Aid at Work course.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Immigrants will do anything to further their cause, they are generally desperate so will do desperate things. The shocking matter that (cheap or not) uk companies, especially one chosen to do the test is complicit in the deed is far far worse.

Nothing racist about the. BBC,  (& me),  pointing out the abuse,  once again of our immigration system by corrupt individuals from overseas who will appear to go to any lengths to get their hands on a UK passport. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who cares if people cheat at it?

The OP and posters on the thread.

8 hours ago, melthebell said:

I knew it wouldnt be long before the race card was played.  There is nothing racist about being concerned that immigrants are lying and cheating to get British citizenship .

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

I knew it wouldnt be long before the race card was played.  There is nothing racist about being concerned that immigrants are lying and cheating to get British citizenship .

Plenty of rich white businessmen lie and cheat to get British citizenship but I guess you wouldn't be so bothered about that! 🙄