Bochum Parkway speed limit

12 hours ago, Alsone said:

I fail to see why it need Arnco. A light post will give much better than Arnco. Yes Arnco is designed to direct you back into the lane you came from, but that can also be a double edged sword, as it can direct you back across into other traffic. Lamp standards are already designed to fold when hit by a car and so are generally considered quite safe. There is a risk of crossing over the central reservation or the standard doing so, but the reservation is wide, the lanes are wide and the run off's at the side are wide. 

Is your 'expert' opinion on the need for crash barrier based on anything factual, or just an un educated opinion?

A lighting column will give much better what?

So directing a vehicle back into the traffic flow going in the same direction is worse than a head on conflict with traffic approaching in the opposite direct?

Since when have lighting columns been designed to fold? This only applies to expensive passive safe units, which are anything but standard

Would you be prepared to put your name to increasing the speed limit without putting into place the relevant safety requirements and be prepared to face the consequences of the first fatality as a result?

12 hours ago, Alsone said:

There is a risk of crossing over the central reservation or the standard doing so, but the reservation is wide, the lanes are wide and the run off's at the side are wide. 

The "run off" to the side here would appear to be narrow - and a footpath.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3307367,-1.4552642,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWlwqo0GxbW0D3WibnG7jtg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

Going in the opposite direction the "run off" would take you straight into trees - and is the central reservation really wide?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3309812,-1.4542938,3a,75y,87.73h,99.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suA5eC8kdcx9NFC5bNtUAOA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

On 17/02/2019 at 22:13, GleadlessLad said:

Bochum Parkway must have been full of forum posters then when I drove along it at 40mph yesterday morning - heading towards Norton & then later back towards Gleadless - it was quite busy & everybody appeared to be doing the same speed as me!

Guess you were driving a police car then?

15 hours ago, Freebooter said:

Guess you were driving a police car then?

You guess wrongly...

Well, perhaps all the posts about the speed limit have caused people to take notice and abide by it.

Although, to be fair, I'd be hard pressed to think of anything less likely!

Edited by Freebooter