Dickensian diseases on the rise

15 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

They chose to mention two politicians one who specifically mentioned a "return to victorian values" and the other who presents himself like we're still living in those times.  But he didn't say what you've been claiming he said, and you asking "why mention them" doesn't justify the leap of illogic that you made.

I think it does. That's my opinion. But that's a concept you seem to struggle with.

Anyway, keep arguing with the poster rather than the point, happy trolling xx

19 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Search for  “The honourable member for the 18th century!”

Good plan. Or we could try to find the real causes of the problems. If we actually cared about the problems....

5 minutes ago, woodview said:

Good plan. Or we could try to find the real causes of the problems. If we actually cared about the problems....

What, and distract you from protecting the honour of JRM and Margaret Thatcher?

37 minutes ago, woodview said:

I think it does. That's my opinion. But that's a concept you seem to struggle with.

Anyway, keep arguing with the poster rather than the point, happy trolling xx

Yeah, one of us certainly struggles with the idea that opinions about objective things can be wrong.

So, the OP categorically didn't say what you think they said.  It's all there in black and white, you just leapt to an illogical conclusion.  Now you try to use "it's my opinion" as a way to justify the lack of logic.

7 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

What, and distract you from protecting the honour of JRM and Margaret Thatcher?

I don't give a monkeys about either of them.

I just find silly posts trying to blame everything on the government futile and counter productive.

On the other hand, you and others are more than happy to turn a blind eye to the misinformation if it drags in people you don't like.

I prefer an honest approach. Each to their own 

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

I don't give a monkeys about either of them.

I just find silly posts trying to blame everything on the government futile and counter productive.

On the other hand, you and others are more than happy to turn a blind eye to the misinformation if it drags in people you don't like.

I prefer an honest approach. Each to their own 

Lol, still not getting it, are you?

It was a joke, satire, an amusing reference to Victorian attitudes of certain politicians, past and present. 

Edited by SnailyBoy

21 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Lol, still not getting it, are you?

It was a joke, satire, an amusing reference to Victorian attitudes of certain politicians, past and present. 

No. And others are saying it IS the government's fault.

joke
/dʒəʊk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline
Edited by woodview

2 hours ago, woodview said:

No. And others are saying it IS the government's fault.

joke
/dʒəʊk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline

I saw a headline about diseases from the Victorian era, becoming more prevalent, and I made an attempt at political satire by referencing the MP Jacob Rees Mogg and Margaret Thatcher. I realise now that was foolish because my referencing wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Sorry if you didn't find it amusing. 

Edited by Mister M

I had to laugh when I heard recently that a  prominent Italian politician who is an outspoken "Anti vaxxer" contracted chicken pox. Lol.

4 hours ago, Hots on said:

I had to laugh when I heard recently that a  prominent Italian politician who is an outspoken "Anti vaxxer" contracted chicken pox. Lol.

Why? I know you were talking about an Italian but in the UK  the chicken pox vaccine isn't given to everyone. Considering how it can affect certain members of the population eg pregnant woment (the unborn child) or people with weakened immune systems it would be good to immunise if people hadn't had it by their teenage years. 

My parents were born in the 1930's and bothsuffered from Whooping Cough in their childhoods.  They've always said what an horrific illness it was for them.  I (born in the 1950's) had the vaccine, so thankfully never suffered from it, along with vaccines for Smallpox and Diphtheria and later a sugar cube to avoid Polio - my father's cousin spent many many years in an iron lung after contracting Polio. 

I was stuck down with Measels at the age of three, and chicken pox at seven and thankfully fully recovered from both.  I've never had Mumps.

My paternal Grandmother contracted Diphtheria in the early 1900's at the age of four and had a permanent limp as a consequence. 

People (parents) sadly don't seem to  realise how horrific these diseases are and seem to think it won't happen to their child.