Ipswich v Owls

16 hours ago, barry-333 said:

One swallow does't make a summer

Correct. Like one good season I suppose. Who'd have thought Bournemouth would have beaten Chelsea 4-0? My top six comment was a question!

It was made to invoke replies. So far, there's not much response. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

14 hours ago, Padders said:

Mission impossible Hots? or is it... could be a whole new picture in 3 games,, Millwall, Reading, Rotherham all winnable, Stranger things have happened in football.

Correct. We've all seen very surprising things happen in football. Barnet for example.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

I know a good few are chuckling at this but like you said, you never know. 

The form tables place you just outside the play-offs since Jos left, therefore it is just a case of continuing like you have been doing so and hoping for a bit of luck elsewhere really. 

Look at Bristol and Hull, both have been through equally as dire patches this season if not worse. They are now throwing themselves right into the mix again with a solid run of games. 

A lot of work to be done if you are to jump into 6th spot and above.  You need to bridge a 9 point gap and do better results wise than about 10 teams, but you can never say never. 

Those who are confident of going on a run and getting top six can still get cracking value for money from the bookies.... 50/1 with most. 

I can't see us doing it so not putting any money on it. Bruce really would be a miracle worker if he pulled it off though

1.0 doesn't reflect on the chances not taken & it could & should have got atleast 3/4 goals ,but hey 3 points & another clear sheet  ,welcome to SWFC Mr Bruce ...👍

Edited by owl.66

Just seen the chances we missed, need to do much better against teams that know how to finish, even I could of scored most of those

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Just seen the chances we missed, need to do much better against teams that know how to finish, even I could of scored most of those

It could have been 2-5

Simple chances missed by Fletcher, Reach, and Forestieri twice.

7 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Ask our little brother to the other side of the city if a win against Ipswich is a 'poor' win if they fall 2 points short of automatics or the play offs.

Lol, if that were to happen it'd be two other points dropped in November that might hurt a bit more.  :)

11 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Little brother in terms of?

As far as I can see we are very much the bigger brother with a much healthier league position, a much healthier business plan and higher average attendances.

Are we using the early 90s to form sucj an opinion?

But that said, always happy to be good old little Dog & Duck FC. Not done us too bad so far has it.

UTB

I never knew "healthy business plans" ended with acrimonius court cases.

I attended the match at Ipswich yesterday, its probably the coldest I've ever been at a game and the football bar Joao's late goal did little to warm the cockles, still a wins a win.

I've only seen the highlights, but how refreshing to see 'only' forward passes, telling passes and the desire to get it in the box and get shots in.

Nando's finishing was awful (his selfishness cost us a goal as well, when he should have squared to Fletch) ...... see McGoldrick's goal for Utd.

That said, he was very positive (as they all were) and 5 wouldn't have flattered us.

Cautious attempts and sheer bad luck at times, but all in all, the best display I've seen for some time, albeit against an obvious poor team.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I've only seen the highlights, but how refreshing to see 'only' forward passes, telling passes and the desire to get it in the box and get shots in.

Nando's finishing was awful (his selfishness cost us a goal as well, when he should have squared to Fletch) ...... see McGoldrick's goal for Utd.

That said, he was very positive (as they all were) and 5 wouldn't have flattered us.

Cautious attempts and sheer bad luck at times, but all in all, the best display I've seen for some time, albeit against an obvious poor team.

Saw that goal, very unselfish of Billy, most players would have gone for glory and buried it... shows the team spirit.

It was a game that could have gone either way,both sides were short on quality,and both missed very good chances.

For Wednesday to make the play offs from here would take a massive fall off in form from the sides currently around the top 6 and we would have to hit top form from now untill the end of the season to take advantage of any slip ups,top 10 will be an achievement given the amount of points JLs strange choices cost us

Edited by staninoodle