Enforcement Officer

On 04/02/2019 at 15:42, ANGELFIRE1 said:

He he, another scam to relieve you of your hard earned dosh. It will not be long before you receive a fine, because a camera has caught you dropping a fag end. Don't forget these enforcement dudes have to be paid, and the company who employ them have to make a nice profit.

And the answer is no, never smoked a cig in my 68 years, had much better things to spend my brass on.

Angel1.

You really should receive a fine for dropping a cigarette butt.  It's easy to avoid though isn't it.  Don't be a disgusting litter lout.

On 04/02/2019 at 20:54, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Better to try and educate the folk who litter, rather than fleece them. I am certain the "convicted" litterers will litter all the more to **** a snook at the authorities.

Do adults still need educating about litter?  I doubt it, they know that it's anti-social, they just don't care because they also know that there are few consequences for them.

15 hours ago, Resident said:

Not sure if I'm meant to say this but I've been to court recently as a witness against three kingdom employees. They had an elderly woman pretty much pinned to the wall outside Barnsley interchange demanding details because they claimed the woman had dropped a cigarette end. 

I intervened because the woman was obviously distraught and saying she didn't smoke. 

They started threatening me because I was "obstructing an officer in the course of their duty (an offence if they were police) 

A bus driver called the police and they were arrested. 

All three have been convicted and due to be sentenced. 

They're scum and the company needs to be closed down and any and all fines they've issued returned to their victims. 

As I've stated before councils get a pittance from these fines and if Kingdom can turn millions in profit then the councils can afford to operate their own enforcement officers. 

But they'll tell you they can't because the truth is that they would only hand out legitimate tickets. 

Oh dont get me wrong I'm not disputing that there are problems with this company and I agree they need taking to task over what you posted. I was simply comenting on the liverpudlian woman event that seemed to me like a play for the camera. Also her doting husband who would rather film the event than help her with a blue badge that would have prevented the event happening in the first place. 

On 05/02/2019 at 07:30, Bargepole23 said:

I think we have tried educating people. I think we still do. Some people just don't care, and never will, until it affects them.

Chucking litter out of a car? Penalty points and a fine.

Chucking litter on the street? A weekend of litter picking and a fine.

Good reply, but 2 weekends litter picking and no fine. If someone is genuinely hard up, how does giving a fine to them help their situation, it doesn't does it. We seem too quick these days to pick the pocket of the less well off, easy targets I think.

The car one is a different matter, if they can afford to run a car, then a £60 quid fine and 3 points sounds about right.

Angel1

4 hours ago, woodmally said:

Oh dont get me wrong I'm not disputing that there are problems with this company and I agree they need taking to task over what you posted. I was simply comenting on the liverpudlian woman event that seemed to me like a play for the camera. Also her doting husband who would rather film the event than help her with a blue badge that would have prevented the event happening in the first place. 

Tbh although I agree with you, I support the fact that he filmed the encounter.

Without it they'd have lied and been believed due to Kingdom dealing with their own complaints.

On 07/02/2019 at 15:21, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Good reply, but 2 weekends litter picking and no fine. If someone is genuinely hard up, how does giving a fine to them help their situation, it doesn't does it. We seem too quick these days to pick the pocket of the less well off, easy targets I think.

The car one is a different matter, if they can afford to run a car, then a £60 quid fine and 3 points sounds about right.

Angel1

I'll accept your 2 weekends litter picking, for chucking litter on the streets, but I'll raise you a means tested fine.

31 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

I'll accept your 2 weekends litter picking, for chucking litter on the streets, but I'll raise you a means tested fine.

I know when my hand is not a winner, I'll fold.

Angel1.

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I know when my hand is not a winner, I'll fold.😉

Angel1.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

What has gone wrong here, crikey, never seen owt like it.

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said: