TV licence thread

3 hours ago, lottiecass said:

But having the choice would be nice,instead we have a bbc tax payable by all with tv's.                     As for the bbc not being left wing biased,you must be watching a different bbc. Both the bbc and ch4 are left biased to say they aren't is wrong.

The BBC do respect the established view too much, but just the BBC news is no reason to change the funding method.

21 hours ago, El Cid said:

The BBC do respect the established view too much, but just the BBC news is no reason to change the funding method.

So you think that its just the news that's left biased? Have a look at the bbc in any political programme ,question time in particular is a good example.

1 minute ago, lottiecass said:

So you think that its just the news that's left biased? Have a look at the bbc in any political programme ,question time in particular is a good example.

I have been in the audience, so why should it be biased?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Of course it is, just because you have been in the audience means nothing, were you the producer or presenter?

3 hours ago, lottiecass said:

It's interesting that those on the right think the BBC is biased to the left, and those on the left think it's biased to the right. Which suggests it's more aboutpeople's perceptions than actual facts.

15 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Shows like Have I got News for You, show massive bias. Normally all of them plus presnter are on a brexit bashing fun-fest. Nice subliminal biasing for the younger audience.

has a anyone else over 75 had a threatening letter from tv licencing in sheffield area. I got one this week even though we have a valid over 75s licence. is this a scam.

34 minutes ago, greasemonkey said:

has a anyone else over 75 had a threatening letter from tv licencing in sheffield area. I got one this week even though we have a valid over 75s licence. is this a scam.

The tv license is a scam full stop!

4 hours ago, greasemonkey said:

TV licensing letters are the most intimidating letters around,whether justified or not.

I took issue with them when we first bought a static caravan for our own use and repeatedly were told that we needed a second TV licence.

I suspect that little is done to actually track down license dodgers,and so they go for heavy handed threats from square one.

3 hours ago, K1Machine said:

The tv license is a scam full stop!

Too right it is.