Blades v Bolton

Whilst we were a little slower out of the blocks today, I don't think you can ignore what Bolton brought to the table in the first half. They had a game plan and they utilised it very well. They tried to get at Bash and were targeting the channels on the counter, whilst at the back they had two very solid banks of players and were quite disciplined. 

Second half however we returned to our normal selves. We weren't as prolific we can be however we built up momentum and after the first goal went in, you knew we would get a second and maybe even a third. 

A very well ground out win against a stubborn team. We had to adjust ourselves a bit to grow into the game, but we were totally in control of the game, never looked like conceding and all in all it was a solid three points without getting above third gear. 

All open up there now and all to play for! COYRAWW

As others have said, lacklustre first half, almost like the team was aware that Bolton had played mid week and were just biding their time. Bolton hadva lot of possession without creating anything. Second half step on the gas and it was very comfortable. Sharp very unselfish to put Goldie in. Nice cameos for Madine and the other loanee ( name ?).

in truth Hendo had nothing to do. Funny but irritating to see Parkinson getting so animated.

UTB

yes it was a bit of a stroll to be honest.Unlike some games coming up with out trying to be disrespectful we were expected to win but other fixtures coming up are going to be real testing.So it was important to get the points in the bag .

Not one of our better performances, first half played at training pace, which I'm sure Wilder pointed out at half time.

I do feel a bit sorry for Bolton though. They're a proper club with proper fans, but on yesterdays performance they're just not gonna score enough goals to stay up.

19 hours ago, atticus said:

Not one of our better performances, first half played at training pace, which I'm sure Wilder pointed out at half time.

I do feel a bit sorry for Bolton though. They're a proper club with proper fans, but on yesterdays performance they're just not gonna score enough goals to stay up.

It is sad to see these PROPER clubs struggling .Due to spending to much they are in the ---- which is sad because being from an area that has relied on industry for it's cash just like our  clubs they have had working class fans supporting it from the beginning.Which in my eyes make it a proper club. I to think they have no chance of getting away from the drop which is a shame.