Blades v Bolton

Straight in with my neck on the line, we SHOULD be winning this.

If we are a team with serious intent on getting promoted from this league, then Bolton at home has to been seen as 3 points for the taking.  Granted there is no such thing as a gimme in this league and every single game is a toughie, but Bolton haven't won in their last 5 games - they've conceded 11 goals and have managed just 2. 

No urge to just throw Hogan into the mix. Stick with the tried, tested and proven with Billy and McGoldrick up top..... Hogan can then hopefully make a cameo later on. 

With Norwich at Leeds, hopefully a huge opportunity to pick up some points on at least one team above us. 

UTB

Some big games this weekend involving top 6..great opportunity for the Blades to cement their position.

Should be easy on paper, BUT.  2-0 Blades.

whats the weather  over in Sheffield ? Umited will want this game played, hope the paths are clear etc  ..3-1

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

12 minutes ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

whats the weather  over in Sheffield ? Umited will want this game played, hope the paths are clear etc  ..3-1

No problem Poundy, missed the worst of it.. few flakes this morning, but all gone now.

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Some big games this weekend involving top 6..great opportunity for the Blades to cement their position.

Should be easy on paper, BUT.  2-0 Blades.

There are a lot of big games coming up - agree that this one should be won comfortably.

Upset on the cards

Blades 0 - 3 Bolton

10 hours ago, rogets said:

Upset on the cards

Blades 0 - 3 Bolton

Thanks Rogets :thumbsup: nothing like a good laugh to start the day.

15 hours ago, jamichi1 said:

There are a lot of big games coming up - agree that this one should be won comfortably.

It should be a home win but we do things the hard way at the lane ,always have done.We need three points today because on paper this one should be the easier one we have for a while when you look at the fixtures.Our top two should be on fire now when you look who the gaffer has brought in they face a bit competition not that Billy needed any .It will be interesting how Hogan and Madine will fit in.May be Wilder will play Mcgoldrick in for Duffy and play one of the new boys along side Billy.Not that Duffy has done anything wrong he has done well but he has tried Mcgoldrick there before and it gives us a bit more fire power.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

It should be a home win but we do things the hard way at the lane ,always have done.We need three points today because on paper this one should be the easier one we have for a while when you look at the fixtures.Our top two should be on fire now when you look who the gaffer has brought in they face a bit competition not that Billy needed any .It will be interesting how Hogan and Madine will fit in.May be Wilder will play Mcgoldrick in for Duffy and play one of the new boys along side Billy.Not that Duffy has done anything wrong he has done well but he has tried Mcgoldrick there before and it gives us a bit more fire power.

Possibility however I wouldn't be too eager to change the shape from what has been proven as working. 

If Duffy doesn't start then you have to go for a like for like swap and put Dowell in there. The lad looks like he has a good bit about him, in fact I would liken what I seem of him early doors to a younger Kevin McDonald. He's always looking for that killer ball through the back four and a few times he's nearly found it. 

I would go with Sharp and McGoldrick up top and leave the two new boys on the bench initially, as I think this is the fair thing to do.  

If wee need to change things by the hour, then throw Hogan / Madine into the mix. There is one thing for sure, our bench is looking the strongest it has looked in a long time. It's fantastic to have so many different options to pick from and a few players on the bench who are capable of coming on and changing a game. 

1-0 blades McGoldrick.

(a goal and an assist by Clarke at Wigan!)

4 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Possibility however I wouldn't be too eager to change the shape from what has been proven as working. 

If Duffy doesn't start then you have to go for a like for like swap and put Dowell in there. The lad looks like he has a good bit about him, in fact I would liken what I seem of him early doors to a younger Kevin McDonald. He's always looking for that killer ball through the back four and a few times he's nearly found it. 

I would go with Sharp and McGoldrick up top and leave the two new boys on the bench initially, as I think this is the fair thing to do.  

If wee need to change things by the hour, then throw Hogan / Madine into the mix. There is one thing for sure, our bench is looking the strongest it has looked in a long time. It's fantastic to have so many different options to pick from and a few players on the bench who are capable of coming on and changing a game. 

Well done you have called it spot on MR WILDER.😁

2 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

1-0 blades McGoldrick.

(a goal and an assist by Clarke at Wigan!)

All so Evans as scored for Fleetwood.

Not a great first half for the blades, the second half started somewhat better  quicker to get forward and first goal produced energy into the side

I would play Dowell at the side of Duffy from the start and drop Basham to the bench and use the forwards on the bench ie Madine, Hogan and Johnson  to boost the pace late on in the matches 

Deserved the 3 points and still up there with a stronger squad than last season

UTB

Edited by barry-333
correction