Parking meters being removed?

Anyone know what is going on with the parking meters around the Hallamshire Hospital.  Parked in one of the bays  on Broomfield Road and then found that one meter was gone, another was off and barricaded off waiting for removal, and the third one was surrounded by sheet ice, which will be nice for the old folks trying to use it. The ones on Beech hill look to of been removed or shut down as well, are they getting replaced? 

Edited by molecularbob

Should stop using them. Could use a simple app for parking now. That would also make it easier to charge in more busy areas for our greedy council.

Yes seen new ones that now accepting contract less card payments as well as cash or phone payment

2 hours ago, hughes12 said:

Yes seen new ones that now accepting contract less card payments as well as cash or phone payment

It seems that the new ones that accept the card payments don't allow app or phone payments - now why would that be?

they've replaced lots in the city centre, now accept cards

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

It seems that the new ones that accept the card payments don't allow app or phone payments - now why would that be?

the ones in city centre still accept the app payments, shouldnt have anything to do with the machine

On 02/02/2019 at 00:21, its smee said:

they've replaced lots in the city centre, now accept cards

the ones in city centre still accept the app payments, shouldnt have anything to do with the machine

There's no code displayed on them and they don't show up on the app search. I wasn't able to use the app on James St and Arundel St last week.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:31, dutch said:

Should stop using them. Could use a simple app for parking now. That would also make it easier to charge in more busy areas for our greedy council.

What a great idea except for those that don't have such a phone.

I parked on Division Street yesterday and went to pay at the machine. Put my £1 in for the full day, only for the machine to decide it was Monday and tell me my £1 would only allow me to park for 30 minutes!

I looked at tickets displayed in other cars on the street, and most of them had 'expired'. Called the council who said the wardens were aware of the situation and to pay £1 and display the ticket, even though it 'ran out' after 30 minutes.

You'd think the council would check the machines are working properly before taking the old ones away? Some people had decided not to bother displaying a ticket which I assume would mean they'd be fined if caught by the wardens. Where they would stand regarding an appeal is anyone's guess.

10 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

What a great idea except for those that don't have such a phone.

I'm usually a fan of tech and indeed use Apple Pay wherever I can. Unfortunately though, you are right. I was confronted with limitations of this in my old hometown Groningen where I could only pay for parking with a Dutch bank account and their payment app. Great if you are Dutch, not so smart when you don't have a Dutch bank account...

No ones answered the question as to why they are removing the option to pay via app.

'cos it's flaky as. It gets very slow if lots of people try to use it at the same time, just surprised that the old ones have been pulled, but the replacements aren't being put in yet, there is only one machine working near the Hospital that gives 4hr parking tickets.

20 hours ago, s6chris said:

I parked on Division Street yesterday and went to pay at the machine. Put my £1 in for the full day, only for the machine to decide it was Monday and tell me my £1 would only allow me to park for 30 minutes!

I looked at tickets displayed in other cars on the street, and most of them had 'expired'. Called the council who said the wardens were aware of the situation and to pay £1 and display the ticket, even though it 'ran out' after 30 minutes.

You'd think the council would check the machines are working properly before taking the old ones away? Some people had decided not to bother displaying a ticket which I assume would mean they'd be fined if caught by the wardens. Where they would stand regarding an appeal is anyone's guess.

It will be another council con trick designed to catch the motorist and extract more money in fines.Have a look at the parking meters down Hillsborough and see how many of the clocks are fast,a sure fire way to collect a fine if you don't check your watch and the clock are the same before you leave.