Tramlines 2019

On 05/05/2019 at 13:51, nikki-red said:

Theres a free stage with bands on at Devonshire Green, plus various other free events around town, including in the Peace 

That is not the point.  Residents who live on the boundary of the Hillsborough Park should receive free tickets at the very least.   The disruption and disturbance is not just during the festival, but for several days either side of it. 

There are traffic problems, noise problems, litter problems .... the very least these organisers can do is look after local residents. 

I would like to know how many 'Free Residents' tickets were made available for 2019.   Have the organisers reduced the amount of residents tickets? I live and work in this part of Hillsborough and hardly anybody I know were successful in the ballot for residents tickets.  Last year it was the other way round.  Everybody I knew who applied got free tickets.

On 09/05/2019 at 13:55, bassett one said:

thats awfull ,if scc promised free tickets then not let you have them,or is the organisers ? or was year 1 only?

The people who run Tramlines (whoever they are)  promised to give local residents free tickets.  Somebody decided on a catchment area and if your house was in this area you had the right to apply.  They put aside a certain amount of free tickets (nobody seems to know how many) and held a draw (behind closed doors I imagine) and then residents were informed by email.

Last year I knew dozens of people who were successful and got free tickets.  This year I know just one person who got free tickets.  It just seems very odd. 

I think the attitude from the organisers is "Stuff the residents,  the festival was a success last time and we will do what we want"

6 hours ago, Edward Vimto said:

That is not the point.  Residents who live on the boundary of the Hillsborough Park should receive free tickets at the very least.   The disruption and disturbance is not just during the festival, but for several days either side of it. 

There are traffic problems, noise problems, litter problems .... the very least these organisers can do is look after local residents. 

I would like to know how many 'Free Residents' tickets were made available for 2019.   Have the organisers reduced the amount of residents tickets? I live and work in this part of Hillsborough and hardly anybody I know were successful in the ballot for residents tickets.  Last year it was the other way round.  Everybody I knew who applied got free tickets.

I was replying to Bassett One's comment about the Peace Gardens.

On 05/05/2019 at 12:52, Top Cats Hat said:

Endcliffe and Hillsborough Parks are both the same distance from the city centre and are both on major radial roads out from the town.

The main benefit of using Hillsborough Park is that it is twice the size of Endcliffe so it is possible to split in two using one half for the festival and the other for normal park activities. 

It it is an ideal site which is why a 10 year deal has been signed for its use.

That's not what happened.  There was a small corner of the park left out of the hoarding, perhaps 1/8th of the area.

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Edward Vimto said:

The people who run Tramlines (whoever they are)  promised to give local residents free tickets.  Somebody decided on a catchment area and if your house was in this area you had the right to apply.  They put aside a certain amount of free tickets (nobody seems to know how many) and held a draw (behind closed doors I imagine) and then residents were informed by email.

Last year I knew dozens of people who were successful and got free tickets.  This year I know just one person who got free tickets.  It just seems very odd. 

I think the attitude from the organisers is "Stuff the residents,  the festival was a success last time and we will do what we want"

Good -  I’d much rather the organisers do their best to make it another success rather than get tied down trying to appease a few local residents.

5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

That's not what happened.  There was a small corner of the park left out of the hoarding, perhaps 1/8th of the area.

Not true.

The perimeter fenced off just over 50% of the park. The remainder was accessible to the public.

I see that this is going to be another ‘let’s moan about Tramlines’ thread. The residents’ tickets issue is another ridiculous argument. You either approve of the festival or you don’t and this shouldn’t be dependent upon whether you are given a free ticket or not. 🙄

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not true.

The perimeter fenced off just over 50% of the park. The remainder was accessible to the public.

I see that this is going to be another ‘let’s moan about Tramlines’ thread. The residents’ tickets issue is another ridiculous argument. You either approve of the festival or you don’t and this shouldn’t be dependent upon whether you are given a free ticket or not. 🙄

I don't believe this to be true either but I couldn't find anything online to confirm it. I would have estimated at least half was still accessible - certainly not an 1/8th.

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not true.

I don't have a problem with tramlines, but I went past multiple times, I ran around the outside of the hoarding several times before tramlines.  Perhaps, just maybe, in total there was 50% exposed, but I don't think so.  And if there was, a lot of it was made up of a 4 metres strip running down Parkside Road, which terminated before the gate, and similar on the other side, although you could actually get through to Penistone Road.  Perhaps the car park was included in the 50% and the tennis courts, they're IN the park, but they're not green space are they, you don't pop out for a walk around the tennis courts or to stroll around the car park.

21 hours ago, makapaka said:

Good -  I’d much rather the organisers do their best to make it another success rather than get tied down trying to appease a few local residents.

Because handing out a reasonable number of free tickets would make it impossible for them to do anything else?

ITS A PITY graves park isnt a bit nearer town,they used to have some really big bands ect there years ago,but tramlines is where it is and SCC demand it so thats that,any complaints need to go in there direction,but cash is what counts.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

I don't have a problem with tramlines, but I went past multiple times, I ran around the outside of the hoarding several times before tramlines.  Perhaps, just maybe, in total there was 50% exposed, but I don't think so.  And if there was, a lot of it was made up of a 4 metres strip running down Parkside Road, which terminated before the gate, and similar on the other side, although you could actually get through to Penistone Road.  Perhaps the car park was included in the 50% and the tennis courts, they're IN the park, but they're not green space are they, you don't pop out for a walk around the tennis courts or to stroll around the car park.

Because handing out a reasonable number of free tickets would make it impossible for them to do anything else?

Straw man.

They already have a smaller stage at Endcliffe anyway I THINK last year it was used mainly for Folk music and such? I lived a minute or two from Endcliffe park so I hear nothing but music all weekend. Personally doesn't bother me but I can't imagine the commotion if they moved the main stage there. 

On 13/05/2019 at 10:13, makapaka said:

It will be a success regardless. I don't think dishing out a few hundred tickets to locals will tie them down too much. Especially when they are making £££££ in profit.

You obviously don't live near Hillsborough park.