Tramlines 2019

The initial line up has now been announced. Lots of good bands to see. Great value festival, and very positive for Sheffield. Plenty of coverage on Look North which quite surprised me...

We just need the fabulous weather like last time...

Is  it in Hillsborough Park again, this year?

Edited by Top Cats Hat

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Is  it in Hillsborough Park again, this year?

It is according to the line up  poster. 

There were rumours it was moving to Endcliffe .   :suspect: 

That's what I'd heard but I'd also heard that they'd also signed a 10 year contract with the council for Hillsborough Park.

Did anybody who lives near Hillsborough Park actually get any free tickets for Tramlines 2019.  Everybody I know have been rejected.  One person's house even borders the park. 

i think it would be better in endcliffe its nearer the city centre,and can tag on to the local pubs ect,but i still think with big advertisers and sponsors it could be cheaper,plus it was great when we had the bands in the peace gardens.

53 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i think it would be better in endcliffe its nearer the city centre

Endcliffe and Hillsborough Parks are both the same distance from the city centre and are both on major radial roads out from the town.

The main benefit of using Hillsborough Park is that it is twice the size of Endcliffe so it is possible to split in two using one half for the festival and the other for normal park activities. 

It it is an ideal site which is why a 10 year deal has been signed for its use.

dont you think it could be free or cheaper if they had a big sponsor?,endcliffe park does have one advantage its a better postcode and that could attract a better sponsor? but hillsborough it is ,and it has the tram,hope the weather is good and it all goes well,but i did like the peace gardens stage,without the fence and free plastic mugs so you could enjoy a beer of your choice,but most things are down to money these days

Theres a free stage with bands on at Devonshire Green, plus various other free events around town, including in the Peace Gardens.

21 minutes ago, bassett one said:

dont you think it could be free or cheaper if they had a big sponsor?

That would depend on how much they put up. Not a big fan of festival sponsorship as people go to festivals to relax and enjoy the music not have people trying to sell them stuff they don’t want. V-festival was a good idea which was ruined by the amount of commercial/advertising/sponsorship that bombarded festival goers.

I t is also unnecessary at a well programmed festival which represents incredible value for money. The biggest gripe at a good festival is being unable to see everyone you want to because there is too much good stuff clashing.

The fact that Tramlines sells out very quickly shows that the price is set about right.

On 05/05/2019 at 09:52, Edward Vimto said:

Did anybody who lives near Hillsborough Park actually get any free tickets for Tramlines 2019.  Everybody I know have been rejected.  One person's house even borders the park. 

We  got rejected this year too. I think they might have been a myth. We live one street away from the park and got tickets last year.

thats awfull ,if scc promised free tickets then not let you have them,or is the organisers ? or was year 1 only?