Tramlines 2019

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, metalman said:

As far as I'm concerned the biggest pain with Tramlines is the closure of Dixon Road. If you're heading from Wadsley down towards Hillsborough it's much more convenient to go down Dixon rather than Dykes Hall Road. Fair enough close the little side roads like Dorothy, Wynyard and Lennox and so on but couldn't we have Dixon left open?

Only a few days a year though isn’t it?

Comedy moment of the weekend was the wonderful Nile Rogers making a quick exit from the festival by flying out of the backstage area in the back of a blacked out people carrier straight out into Parkside Road where the traffic had been stopped for him, He then hit Penistone Road where he sat in barely moving traffic for ten minutes! 😅

Doh!

Well Tramlines 2019 was a fantastic event. Apart from the downpour on Friday, the weather was great, there was hardly any trouble. The diverse line up was tremendous, something for everybody, sometimes it was hard to decide who to go and see as some bands clashed. The food offer was good and the choice of beers fantastic for such an event.

Holding the event in Hillsborough Park is so much better than moving around different locations in the city to see bands.

My personal favourites were, in no particular order, Manic Street Preachers, Courteeners, The Reytons, Peter Hook, Tom Grennan. Miles Kane, Johnny Marr and The Rev.

Everyone who I went with had a wonderful time. We have all bought tickets for next years event and look forward to it. Tramlines really is incredible vfm.  The organisers deserve lots of credit for this event and helping to raise the profile of Sheffield. 

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Well Tramlines 2019 was a fantastic event. Apart from the downpour on Friday, the weather was great, there was hardly any trouble. The diverse line up was tremendous, something for everybody, sometimes it was hard to decide who to go and see as some bands clashed. The food offer was good and the choice of beers fantastic for such an event.

Holding the event in Hillsborough Park is so much better than moving around different locations in the city to see bands.

My personal favourites were, in no particular order, Manic Street Preachers, Courteeners, The Reytons, Peter Hook, Tom Grennan. Miles Kane, Johnny Marr and The Rev.

Everyone who I went with had a wonderful time. We have all bought tickets for next years event and look forward to it. Tramlines really is incredible vfm.  The organisers deserve lots of credit for this event and helping to raise the profile of Sheffield. 

Amen bungleboy 👍🏻