Tramlines 2019

6 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i saw the food prices £7 for a fish finger sarnie,£4 for chips £5 a can of beer,seen the prices myself ,they sound a bit steep,but if people pay them its there business,but it will i expect be expensive to hire a pitch daily.

That's nothing - we paid £11 for a chicken "wrap" and a measly pile of curly fries. Wrap was stale and chicken to vile to eat. I know you don't expect haute cuisine at these places, but that was beyond a joke. Gravy and chips for £4 from another stall was thankfully quite edible! 

7 minutes ago, bluecanary said:

I know you don't expect haute cuisine at these places, 

Not true.

There has been an explosion in top quality food for sale at festivals in recent years. Not only is there a great demand for it but it makes good business sense. There is a maximum amount of stock you can take to a festival and on the bigger sites it is difficult to resupply once the event has started. It makes much more sense to provide better quality food where you maximise your profits from a set amount of stock.

2 hours ago, bluecanary said:

That's nothing - we paid £11 for a chicken "wrap" and a measly pile of curly fries. Wrap was stale and chicken to vile to eat. I know you don't expect haute cuisine at these places, but that was beyond a joke. Gravy and chips for £4 from another stall was thankfully quite edible! 

Hope you took it back for a refund.

Town centre was packed everywhere and the atmosphere really buzzing,just wish it would be like this more,so i bet the pubs made loads of money last night,even the Green Room run out of lager

I think I'd seen the Sheffield Tap listed as a fringe venue...  I went in at 2000 on Saturday, they did nothing (which is fine, I didn't want music).  And it was really quite quiet there.

Rutland arms was no busier than usual, and indeed perhaps a bit quiet.

Sentinel was dead, and still doesn't have any decent beers on, I had a coconut milk stout, but wasn't very impressed with it.

Beer Engine was fairly quiet.

And then back into town, brew dog had loud music on, so didn't see how busy it was.

Head of Steam was (by now at nearly midnight) only moderately busy, got a table out the back, served at the bar almost immediately (had a can of Death - Northern Monk).

Uber was trying to profiteer though, £15 - £20 estimated for what is normally a £10 journey, so I set off walking instead.  Kept checking uber periodically as I walked and as I got closer to tramlines (and home) the price just kept going up.  This was 0100 in the morning, at one point I was 2 miles from home (so that's about 5 mins in a taxi) and they still wanted £15.  I finally flagged a black cap somewhere around Bamforth Street and it cost £7 from there.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

I think I'd seen the Sheffield Tap listed as a fringe venue...  I went in at 2000 on Saturday, they did nothing (which is fine, I didn't want music).  And it was really quite quiet there.

Sentinel was dead, and still doesn't have any decent beers on, I had a coconut milk stout, but wasn't very impressed with it.

And then back into town, brew dog had loud music on, so didn't see how busy it was.

Head of Steam was (by now at nearly midnight) only moderately busy, got a table out the back, served at the bar almost immediately (had a can of Death - Northern Monk).

Uber was trying to profiteer though, £15 - £20 estimated for what is normally a £10 journey, so I set off walking instead.  Kept checking uber periodically as I walked and as I got closer to tramlines (and home) the price just kept going up.  This was 0100 in the morning, at one point I was 2 miles from home (so that's about 5 mins in a taxi) and they still wanted £15.  I finally flagged a black cap somewhere around Bamforth Street and it cost £7 from there.

Sheffield Tap wasn’t listed as a fringe venue. 

Well, that would explain why they weren't doing anything then :-)

On 18/07/2019 at 13:57, Andy C said:

Updated list of fringe venues along the tram route

A guide to whats on in each venue is in the printed programme booklet, you can view an online version here: https://www.exposedmagazine.co.uk/read-online/the-fringe-at-tramlines-2019-programme/?fbclid=IwAR0FOUGbDY6gJVpi_58KANFGsL6EdwuZus8KKH_XIdC_d1JiFHVbBRRIffY

FRINGE VENUES BY TRAM (listed in geographical order along the tram line!)

Note some venues only have events certain days/times, check their individual social media or the official programme for details. Some venues listed aren't official fringe participants. There may be other venues putting events on that I'm not aware of, feel free to post them on this thread!

Sheffield Station tram stop (Blue and Purple routes)

Leadmill

Sheffield Tap

5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Sheffield Tap advertised in the programme as having outside bar/dj/food all day Sat/Sun, presumably not a night time event.

Uber always apply surge pricing when it is busy and it always skyrockets Tramlines weekend. I had a look as a test on Saturday night for Hillsborough to Bradway and it was quoting £59-£72. Certainly made bus and tram fares look fantastic value!

I got there at 2000 Sat, there was no sign of there ever having been a BBQ or DJ or any food, but perhaps they'd completely cleared out on Saturday evening and were going to set back up completely on Sunday?

As far as I'm concerned the biggest pain with Tramlines is the closure of Dixon Road. If you're heading from Wadsley down towards Hillsborough it's much more convenient to go down Dixon rather than Dykes Hall Road. Fair enough close the little side roads like Dorothy, Wynyard and Lennox and so on but couldn't we have Dixon left open?

Just wave some paper at them, I got through twice, once in each direction.

Parking on Dixon would become impossible for residents though if it were left unmanaged.

Apparently we danced so hard it caused a minor earthquake!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/revellers-british-festival-much-fun-caused-earthquake-scientist-reveals-10441325/?ito=social&fbclid=IwAR27mpEa5NFhGFkj_SoZrNL-NO5fOT7JqIJaPmYSk8XsAWw7IGETGsr28yA

The tickets for next year went on sale today at 6pm.

The prices go up in tiers as the date gets closer. The 'super early-bird' tickets (£40), 'Early Bird' tickets (£50) and tier one tickets (£60) have all sold out.

Up to tier 2 (£70) already.