Tramlines 2019

we would move lowedges festival if it had the profile of tramlines and represented the city as whole,and yes it would be endcliffe as its a better in my opinion location.

On 15/05/2019 at 17:23, bassett one said:

i agree with the last comment,its supposed too be about a festival,i myself would take it to endcliiffe park in my opinion it would show visitors  a better  part of the city,not just roads,nice shops,resturants ,cafes and lots more.

Hillsborough is nice.  I've walked through the walled garden today, its looking great.  The new gin bar across the road from that part of the park was pretty busy this afternoon, there's a lovely art gallery, an expensive curtain shop, a nice florist and a hairdressers and beauticians, as well as the cafe on the corner.   What's not to like. 😃

but its not got the wow factor of eccesall road,but its a great park at hillsbrough and i am sure it will be okay,and of course it has a famous football club next door, whats on in the peace gardens music wise and is there any reggae music anywhere at tramlines.

Apologies if this topic has already been raised. I have browsed through the forums and can't find any topics relating to Tramlines 2019, which is surprising.

Anyway, I am a resident at Hillsborough on one of the perimeter roads to the park where the main event is taking place. Last year we had various correspondence / letter drops / information on the event and the impact on local residents, ie road closures / temporary parking permits / general reassurances on what was going on in the weeks leading up to the festival.

This year, bearing in mind the festival starts in 10 days, we have had absolutely no information on what's happening.

I know there isn't that much to tell us, however it is more for piece of mind that the impact on local residents has been thought of, and everything has been put in place to reduce any disruption.

After being very apprehensive in 2018, the event was very well managed, and the information provided / stewards / road closures were excellent.

I just find it a little bit concerning and disappointing that the same duty of care does not appear to have been implemented this year.

Any other local Hillsborough residents in the same boat?

25 minutes ago, JessCity said:

Apologies if this topic has already been raised. I have browsed through the forums and can't find any topics relating to Tramlines 2019, which is surprising.

Anyway, I am a resident at Hillsborough on one of the perimeter roads to the park where the main event is taking place. Last year we had various correspondence / letter drops / information on the event and the impact on local residents, ie road closures / temporary parking permits / general reassurances on what was going on in the weeks leading up to the festival.

This year, bearing in mind the festival starts in 10 days, we have had absolutely no information on what's happening.

I know there isn't that much to tell us, however it is more for piece of mind that the impact on local residents has been thought of, and everything has been put in place to reduce any disruption.

After being very apprehensive in 2018, the event was very well managed, and the information provided / stewards / road closures were excellent.

I just find it a little bit concerning and disappointing that the same duty of care does not appear to have been implemented this year.

A google search seems to only turn up road closures for the fringe festival in the city centre. It is certainly odd there is no information (not even on the tramlines website) about the plans for Hillsborough!

There is an email address quoted for local residents with issues or enquires : residents@tramlines.org.uk 

Edited by Andy C

Cynically, perhaps after securing a three year license they didn't feel the need to impress the council with their concern for local residents this year? 

Or less cynically, perhaps they didn't feel the need to repeat themselves, if measures that worked last year are in place for this year.  

Does seem a little disrespectful. 

Here is a summary of the tram service running over Tramlines festival weekend:

(the rail replacement work is suspended for these three days so the full network will operate)

Yellow route (Meadowhall Interchange to Middlewood via Sheffield City Centre) - normal timetable, every 12-20 minutes, until around midnight.

Blue route (Halfway to Malin Bridge via Sheffield City Centre) - a number of evening journeys around the time Tramlines festival ends will be diverted and not serve Malin Bridge. These will provide extra trams from Leppings Lane to get those leaving the festival back into the City Centre. Otherwise operating to the normal timetable, every 12-20 minutes, until around midnight.

The Blue and Yellow route combine between Sheffield City Centre and Hillsborough to provide a tram every 6-10 minutes up to around midnight.

Purple route (Herdings Park to Sheffield Cathedral) - services to/from Herdings Park will finish at the earlier time of around 9pm. The Purple trams after 9pm are being diverted to provide some additional trams from Leppings Lane to the City Centre around the time the festival site closes. A shuttle bus will operate between Gleadless Townend and Herdings Park until midnight, connecting with Blue route tram services.

Tram Train route (Rotherham Parkgate & Central to Sheffield Cathedral) - normal timetable, up to 3 trams per hour, until 10pm.

All day tram passes: (all are available to buy on the Stagecoach bus app or on board from the conductor, note on board sales are cash only. Bus inclusive tickets are also available from bus drivers)

Tram Dayrider £4.20 adult, £9.00 family - unlimited tram travel across the network in both Sheffield and Rotherham. 2 day version available for Tramlines festival for £8.00.

Sheffield Bus & Tram Dayrider £4.60 adult, £2.30 child* - Stagecoach buses and trams within Sheffield & Dronfield

Sheffield Citywide £5.00 - All buses and trams within Sheffield

South Yorkshire Dayrider Plus £6.00 adult, £3.50 child - Stagecoach buses and trams within South Yorkshire & Chesterfield

South Yorkshire Connect £6.80 adult, £2.50 child* - All buses and trams within South Yorkshire

South Yorkshire Connect Plus £8.30, £3.90 child* - All buses, local trains and trams within South Yorkshire.

Explorer £7.00 adult, £4.60 child, £11.50 family - Stagecoach services in South & West Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Gainsborough.

Child tickets marked * require a concessionary pass issued by Travel South Yorkshire.

More information: www.supertram.com

Park & Ride options: https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/parkandridesheffield/

Edited by Andy C

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FESTIVAL WHAT'S ON:

Main ticketed event at Hillsborough Park : http://www.tramlines.org.uk

Official Fringe in the City Centre, Kelham Island and Hillsborough: https://www.exposedmagazine.co.uk/category/tramlines/the-fringe/

Edited by Andy C

5 hours ago, JessCity said:

I received a letter about it all on Saturday. It seemed to be basically the same as last year, except if you are driving into the closed area you will likely need something with your address on and if you are expecting visitors who will be parking near your pad then you may have to meet them at the point where the closure is and confirm they are yours. 

15 hours ago, andyofborg said:

I received a letter about it all on Saturday. It seemed to be basically the same as last year, except if you are driving into the closed area you will likely need something with your address on and if you are expecting visitors who will be parking near your pad then you may have to meet them at the point where the closure is and confirm they are yours. 

Looks like I was a few hours too hasty in posting. A letter was waiting for me after work.

A bit more reassured now, I was beginning to doubt them.

Fingers crossed it will run as smoothly as last years.

FRINGE VENUES BY TRAM (listed in geographical order along the tram line!)

Granville Road tram stop (Blue and Purple routes)

Royal Standard

Fitzalan Square tram stop (Blue, Purple, Yellow and TramTrain routes)

BAL Fashions

Sheffield Station tram stop (Blue and Purple routes)

Leadmill

Sheffield Tap

Castle Square tram stop (Blue, Purple, Yellow and TramTrain routes)

Mulberry 

Cathedral tram stop (Blue, Purple, Yellow and TramTrain routes)

Church House

Peace Gardens

City Hall tram stop (Blue and Yellow routes)

Barkers Pool

Cafe Totem

City Hall

Leopold Square

Maida Vale

Walkabout

West Street tram stop (Blue and Yellow routes)

Bloo 88

Bungalows & Bears

Crystal

Devonshire Green

Firepit Rocks

Forum

Frog & Parrot

Green Room

OHM

Old House

Revolucion de Cuba

Revolution

Soyo

Tiger Works

Washington

University of Sheffield tram stop (Blue and Yellow routes)

Bath Hotel

Foundry

Nice Neighbourhood

Shalesmoor for Kelham Island tram stop (Blue and Yellow routes)

Fat Cat

CADS Night Kitchen Courtyard (Blues stage)

Peddler Warehouse

Shakespeare's

Church - Temple of Fun

Hillsborough tram stop (Blue and Yellow routes)

Gentlemen Fox

Hillsborough Park tram stop (Yellow route)

Tramlines Festival

Not signed up as an official venue, but also known to be putting live music on with free entry over the weekend:

Dove & Rainbow (Castle Square tram stop)

Edited by Andy C