Tramlines 2019

Changed what you meant, fine, we can accept you changing what you meant.  You can't revise history though.

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Changed what you meant, fine, we can accept you changing what you meant.  You can't revise history though.

No just clarified  - you wrongly assumed I was talking solely about tickets.

It doesn't matter though does it. I've explained it to you now. You've got stuck in trying to be right again instead of actually contributing to the topic in hand haven't you?

You're hilarious.  In which post did you "clarify" then?

I don't have to try to be right.  I just have to point out where you were wrong, which I did, quite a few times, until you "clarified" by completely saying something else.  You were so desperate not to be wrong that you got stuck arguing that you weren't didn't you, until in the end you had to change what you'd said and pretend that's what you'd meant all along.

It's nice to see that you approve of a view of "stuff the residents".  Once again you demonstrate your great levels of empathy.  Perhaps the residents are outdated as well, perhaps feeling that a festival that closes of the local roads and the local part is somehow impacting on them makes them so?

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

You're hilarious.  In which post did you "clarify" then?

I don't have to try to be right.  I just have to point out where you were wrong, which I did, quite a few times, until you "clarified" by completely saying something else.  You were so desperate not to be wrong that you got stuck arguing that you weren't didn't you, until in the end you had to change what you'd said and pretend that's what you'd meant all along.

It's nice to see that you approve of a view of "stuff the residents".  Once again you demonstrate your great levels of empathy.  Perhaps the residents are outdated as well, perhaps feeling that a festival that closes of the local roads and the local part is somehow impacting on them makes them so?

#29 - I told you that in post #36.

i also said I wouldn’t agree with the term “stuff the residents” you must have missed that too.

I’ve already told you that I don’t think it causes an inconvenience.

Keep up.

Which part of my subjective opinion  is wrong and why?

So you completely changed your mind since the post you spent quite some time defending...

Post #17...

Edited by Cyclone

By post #29 you'd changed your mind about agreeing with "stuff the residents", but denied that the festival caused any disruption to the residents and thought that handing out free tickets would tie down the organisers and stop them from concentrating on making it a success. (Ah, no, you retracted that in #29 as well), changed the reason why they shouldn't get them.

And in post #29 (your clarification) you still don't think that the residents should get free tickets...  But you've done what, changed the reason for it to be "because you don't think they should" instead of the nonsense about tying down the organisers.

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
35 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

By post #29 you'd changed your mind about agreeing with "stuff the residents", but denied that the festival caused any disruption to the residents and thought that handing out free tickets would tie down the organisers and stop them from concentrating on making it a success. (Ah, no, you retracted that in #29 as well), changed the reason why they shouldn't get them.

And in post #29 (your clarification) you still don't think that the residents should get free tickets...  But you've done what, changed the reason for it to be "because you don't think they should" instead of the nonsense about tying down the organisers.

Riddle me this.

The bickering is to stop.

i agree with the last comment,its supposed too be about a festival,i myself would take it to endcliiffe park in my opinion it would show visitors  a better  part of the city,not just roads,nice shops,resturants ,cafes and lots more.

20 minutes ago, bassett one said:

it would show visitors  a better  part of the city,not just roads,nice shops,resturants ,cafes and lots more.

It's a music festival. The main requirements are a big enough field to hold a decent number of people, somewhere to set the stage up and reasonable access to and from the site. Most decent festivals have good food and coffee stalls on site, not just burger vans so decent local restaurants aren't high on most people's lists of priorities.

its was meant that it would show nicer views of the wood land side of sheffield and show them the nice shops as they go to and from the venue,but i do understand that good food/drink are supplied on site,just my opinion that it would be a nicer journey visually,but as you say most are not intrested,but some could be thats all

13 hours ago, bassett one said:

its was meant that it would show nicer views of the wood land side of sheffield and show them the nice shops as they go to and from the venue,but i do understand that good food/drink are supplied on site,just my opinion that it would be a nicer journey visually,but as you say most are not intrested,but some could be thats all

If it's such a nice view and you feel that strongly about the area maybe you should relocate Low Edges festival ?