Machete Attack McDonald's Sheffield

29 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well how should it be described then.  

A  bloke who wanders around with a massive knife and attacks someone in a McDonald's can hardly be deemed mentally sound and rational can they!  

If you read the Star article linked in the OP then it states he was found to be in possession of drugs. These drugs could  have led to his actions.

14 minutes ago, philyyy said:

He has been charged with attempted murder so I suspect so.

He may or may not be mentally ill but he'll now either be sentenced to prison or hospital and they can, hopefully, help him to realise that macheteing people isn't acceptable whether he knows that or not right now.

'Arrested on suspicion of' and 'charged with' are not the same thing. He hasn't been charged with anything yet.

Edited by Jim Hardie

Looking at the photo he is possibly one of the B&M lot. The guys that always seem to hang about outside there off their faces shouting dancing etc. About time something was done about them. 

1 minute ago, woodmally said:

Looking at the photo he is possibly one of the B&M lot. The guys that always seem to hang about outside there off their faces shouting dancing etc. About time something was done about them. 

Well, to be fair, he hasn't been arrested for shouting and dancing off his nut, he's been arrested for trying to chop people up with a really big knife. 

You'll probably find his fellow ravers will be back outside B&M within days.

Bang them up for 5 years, I thought the Government had passed law to jail gun and knife carriers for this term of imprisonment.

Angel1

3 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

Any chance this may result in full sentence for carrying a bladed weapon? I won't hold my breath.

Arrested for attempted murder...

I don't mind the questions around his mental illness or lack of. What I do mind is the language in this thread. Would you be so derogatory about people's races.. o yes this is s.f. on you go

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Bang them up for 5 years, I thought the Government had passed law to jail gun and knife carriers for this term of imprisonment.

Angel1

Government pretty confused and don't know what's going on, their cuts are worse than he did at Mc D.

Keep it civil please 

4 hours ago, byeo said:

And to put that into context, there were 40,147 offences involving a knife or bladed instrument recorded in the 12 months up to March 2018 in the whole of the UK, most of those will be people arrested for carrying a knife rather than a stabbing, London, with a population of 9million had 1299 stabbings recorded in the 12 months up to April  (a 6928 to 1 chance of being a victim) whereas Sheffield, with a population of about 580,000 had 28 stabbings according to that Star report, which means we have a 20714 to 1 chance of being a victim.

I wasn't pretending we don't have crime and that it shouldn't be lower, I was just saying that what happened today does not alter the fact that Sheffield is statistically one of the safest cities to live in whether people want to believe it or not.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

3 hours ago, byeo said:

If you read the Star article linked in the OP then it states he was found to be in possession of drugs. These drugs could  have led to his actions.

Thats just an excuse 

Edit: comment removed

Edited by Funky_Gibbon
changed my mind about posting comment