Machete Attack McDonald's Sheffield

11 hours ago, OneSon said:

"safest city in England"

More safe than Wells or Bath??? ... ha, ha!!

17 minutes ago, sedith said:

More safe than Wells or Bath??? ... ha, ha!!

I think in the context of crime most people realise we are talking about cities as being large metropolitan areas, not places that are "cities" because they were important 500 years ago (royal charters / cathedrals etc).

I'm sure Ripon must be the safest "city" in Yorkshire, even though there are villages with similar populations in South Yorkshire.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Halibut said:

And what?

Maybe it had an adverse affect on him?

you know it’s funny - I’ve  never met someone who said - “oh you know old Dave - he’s started taking drugs and it’s really sorted his head out - it’s like that was just what he was missing in order to integrate in osociety without any concern about trying to hack someone’s head of with an axe.”

troll.

9 hours ago, Halibut said:

And what?

Drugs can make you do odd, silly, dangerous and stupid things.

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

I think in the context of crime most people realise we are talking about cities as being large metropolitan areas, not places that are "cities" because they were important 500 years ago (royal charters / cathedrals etc).

I'm sure Ripon must be the safest "city" in Yorkshire, even though there are villages with similar populations in South Yorkshire.

There are 36 cities in the UK with a population of 200,000 or greater.  Unless you want to change the technical definition of the word 'city' to London, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester only then Sheffield is most certainly not one of the safest cities in the UK.  

32 minutes ago, OneSon said:

There are 36 cities in the UK with a population of 200,000 or greater.  Unless you want to change the technical definition of the word 'city' to London, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester only then Sheffield is most certainly not one of the safest cities in the UK.  

Reckon St Davids in Wales must be in with a shout?

18 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

My second oldest daughter has had schizophrenia for the last 25 years and even using a potato peeler scares her a little. There is a big difference between mental illness and drug-induced madness. Although my daughter has lost 5 mentally ill friends to suicide, not one of them would have ever hurt anyone else.  I know there are some sad cases of schizophrenics doing bad things, but they are rare and are usually due to them not taking their meds and/or not having a support person or persons.

Well said! Everybody is always so quick too judge  remember 1 in 4 people are said to have mental health problem/illness etc 

5 hours ago, OneSon said:

It used to be that to qualify as a 'city' a place had to have a cathedral, irrespective of population size. Thus Ely, Cambridgeshire became a city and how big a place is Ely ?

On 31/01/2019 at 11:00, sheffbag said:

51474545_10214177935270036_9761277314418

51186837_10214177936830075_7328004300569

taken from Facebook - thats one big knife to be carrying around. (waits for snowflakes to justify him carrying one)

Apparently he is 21. You wouldn't think would you. He must be one of the mad spice junkies 

Seems not the first time. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/armed-officers-arrest-axe-man-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-9090168

6 hours ago, OneSon said:

Depends on how you define safety. Is it total number of incidents, or incidents per head.

Perhaps this is why St David's isn't -top of the list?

48 minutes ago, woodmally said:

He must be one of the mad spice junkies.

Yeah, there couldn't possibly be any other explanation could there.🙄

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yeah, there couldn't possibly be any other explanation could there.🙄

Nope as I have seen him wandering round like a mad man along with the other spice junkies near the Cathedral. He was found with drugs on him and oh yes he was arrested last year around the Cathedral. Clearly not imprisond and left to attack again. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/armed-officers-arrest-axe-man-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-9090168

Do  you want any more evidence?

Edited by woodmally