Jump to content

Overthrowing the government of Venezuela

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, K1Machine said:

Good old US of A.  Raping other countries to make our world a safer place.

The sooner America disappears into the abyss the safer we will all be.

your not answering what sanction, sanctions  were only imposed weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week? Is that the UK government funded, pro NATO, pro imperialism, neo liberal, BBC's late night politics show...no I didn't see it. Perhaps you could elaborate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marcey said:

This week? Is that the UK government funded, pro NATO, pro imperialism, neo liberal, BBC's late night politics show...no I didn't see it. Perhaps you could elaborate. 

why is the daughter of a socialist leader the richest female in south America

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3192933/Hugo-Chavez-s-ambassador-daughter-Venezuela-s-richest-woman-according-new-report.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, phil752 said:

Phil, I don't wish to sound rude but please try and keep up.... I'm suggesting that the West (and by that I mean powerful capitalists, western governments and pro western media outlets) are deliberately lying, or at least misrepresenting the crisis in Venezuela for their own selfish and nefarious ends. Presenting examples of western media outlets doing that very misrepresentation that I am complaining about, is not a very convincing argument.

 

To answer your question, I have no idea why the daughter of a socialist leader is the Richest female in South America. Firstly I would question if she is in fact the Richest female in South America. With all the off shore tax havens and opaque accounting methods used by capitalists and criminals alike, it's very difficult to say who is the richest or who owns what. Secondly, I would question whether her father really is a socialist or rather whether he just claims that title to sound popular or is accused of being a socialist by people pushing a narrative or agenda. It's hard to see how a true socialist could be the richest anything. People do lie about each other all the time. Thirdly I would question whether her father being a socialist has anything whatsoever to do with her wealth, whether she is a socialist herself or whether she made her money in some totally unrelated way. Fourth I would finally dare to suggest that this may be evidence of the virtues of socialism. The richest person in the West is a capitalist and the capitalists daughters are probably doing alright too. Should we conclude from this that capitalism is a bad thing, or something to be lauded? 

 

<-------edit------->

 

Obviously I didn't bother to read your article because it would not have made a point that contributes to this discussion. After replying to your post however I did have a quick look and I see you are talking about Hugo Chavez's daughter. Hugo was definitely a socialist so you can scratch number two from the list above. In this case it's easy to see why the daughter of a president can become very wealthy. Recall George Bush Jr had a few quid being as he was son of President George Bush Snr. Having access to powerful people, influencers, the media and the opportunities that come with being related to the president, it's not hard to see why she could become rich if all this opportunity was combined with a certain amount of  business acumen. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Edited by Marcey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Marcey said:

Phil, I don't wish to sound rude but please try and keep up.... I'm suggesting that the West (and by that I mean powerful capitalists, western governments and pro western media outlets) are deliberately lying, or at least misrepresenting the crisis in Venezuela for their own selfish and nefarious ends. Presenting examples of western media outlets doing that very misrepresentation that I am complaining about, is not a very convincing argument.

 

To answer your question, I have no idea why the daughter of a socialist leader is the Richest female in South America. Firstly I would question if she is in fact the Richest female in South America. With all the off shore tax havens and opaque accounting methods used by capitalists and criminals alike, it's very difficult to say who is the richest or who owns what. Secondly, I would question whether her father really is a socialist or rather whether he just claims that title to sound popular or is accused of being a socialist by people pushing a narrative or agenda. It's hard to see how a true socialist could be the richest anything. People do lie about each other all the time. Thirdly I would question whether her father being a socialist has anything whatsoever to do with her wealth, whether she is a socialist herself or whether she made her money in some totally unrelated way. Fourth I would finally dare to suggest that this may be evidence of the virtues of socialism. The richest person in the West is a capitalist and the capitalists daughters are probably doing alright too. Should we conclude from this that capitalism is a bad thing, or something to be lauded? 

the question is not keeping up, it is that why are the people from the richest oil nation in the world suffering, oil embargoes only happened a week ago. Yet other are get, were getting richer? Just tell me where her money came from?

Edited by phil752

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I refer you to the posts I made earlier regarding the sanctions imposed in 2015 and U.N. special rapporteur Alfred de Zayas.

Edited by Marcey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marcey said:

I refer you to the posts I made earlier regarding the sanctions imposed in 2015 and U.N. special rapporteur Alfred de Zayas.

you mean she got her money from sanctions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phil752 said:

you mean she got her money from sanctions?

No I don't mean that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.