Ski Village travellers site and new development.

to be fair that is probably fly tipped rubbish its a constant blight up there due to the secluded nature of the road the travellers are for the most quite clean as they know they usually get blamed wrongly for the fly tipping

7 hours ago, Narden Dee said:

to be fair that is probably fly tipped rubbish its a constant blight up there due to the secluded nature of the road the travellers are for the most quite clean as they know they usually get blamed wrongly for the fly tipping

Bang on , they are still there and not to blame for the mess that other people have tipped , often these fly tippers are the first to jump on the band waggon when blaming others.

9 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Bang on , they are still there and not to blame for the mess that other people have tipped , often these fly tippers are the first to jump on the band waggon when blaming others.

Are you calling me a fly tipper little un ?

4 hours ago, mickey finn said:

Are you calling me a fly tipper little un ?

I'm 6ft 1 in mi stocking feet fatso.

Just looking at Google Earth I see a lot of the land around it seems to have been populated by caravans- all along Pickering Road & Vale Road. Has this been designated a traveller site or some form of campsite? It looks a terrible mess and public highways appear to have been gated off?? 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Farfield+Inn,+376+Neepsend+Ln,+Sheffield+S3+8AW/@53.3955592,-1.4784496,242a,35y,326.28h,44.93t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879788ed4d85aed:0x94efc8d5b17f83d2!8m2!3d53.3953112!4d-1.483573

These areas of Sheffield are now a cultural desert. The stagnation is palpable.

It's been like that for quite some time.  I ran through it, must be approaching 3 years ago, came over the blue railway bridge, through the wood and then unexpectedly into the middle of this camp, was a bit of a surprise I can tell you.

they are new age hippy, not travelers 

9 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's been like that for quite some time.  I ran through it, must be approaching 3 years ago, came over the blue railway bridge, through the wood and then unexpectedly into the middle of this camp, was a bit of a surprise I can tell you.

I bet 😂

Can you confirm if new age hippies or gypsies? I suspect if you made it out under your own steam it was the former!

Edited by lil-minx92

I spoke to a couple of them ages ago and they said they were not travellers, that said the mess they were creating was just as bad, they were however very nice young lads to talk to and were pretty intelligent.

they are new age hippies, my friend used to go there. 

turned out he was a loon 

I think the council are looking at evicting them anyway so the new ski-village development can go ahead