Ski Village travellers site and new development.

I hope that they put a space aside for the resident caravan and converted bus dwellers who have lived up there for many years ,they are a good bunch who just want to be left , alone a dying breed in todays must have society.

Edited by Albert smith

Didn't the last place die off due to lack of interest in artificial ski and snowboarding slopes??

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

I hope that they put a space aside for the resident caravan and converted bus dwellers who have lived up there for many years ,they are a good bunch who just want to be left , alone a dying breed in todays must have society.

Bit of a coincidence. I was looking on Google Earth over the weekend at Parkwood Springs'.  I noticed some vans and a caravan and i wondered what they were.!

Back in the early 80's me and my mates used to meet up at parkwood springs on a sunday on our motorbikes.

Along with many other bikers, we used to have a real blast up there.

Getting a clapped out Honda XL 125S  up one of those steep hills was a challenge.!

One time a fella did a jump and landed so hard he put a dint into his petrol tank with his doodahs...! I will never forget that.

The Police never minded us being up there, they used to come and park up and watch us..! (On the look out for stolen bikes too.!)

Great times.  I hope the new venture works out...Bit of an odd place for a Sports venue though..?

37 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Bit of a coincidence. I was looking on Google Earth over the weekend at Parkwood Springs'.  I noticed some vans and a caravan and i wondered what they were.!

Back in the early 80's me and my mates used to meet up at parkwood springs on a sunday on our motorbikes.

Along with many other bikers, we used to have a real blast up there.

Getting a clapped out Honda XL 125S  up one of those steep hills was a challenge.!

One time a fella did a jump and landed so hard he put a dint into his petrol tank with his doodahs...! I will never forget that.

The Police never minded us being up there, they used to come and park up and watch us..! (On the look out for stolen bikes too.!)

Great times.  I hope the new venture works out...Bit of an odd place for a Sports venue though..?

Hmmm... :huh:

Now I could be wrong but...

... I think the term 'ski slope' may have been a bit of a clue, even to the geniuses that roam the corridors at the Town Hall, that it's probably a good idea to build a ski and snowboarding facility on a bit of an incline. :roll:

2 hours ago, Albert smith said:

No albert they are a bunch of dossers, I can't see the council putting millions into this venture with that eyesore remaining. The council is in the process of getting them off now. 

5 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Why would the council want scruffy old caravans anyway near their shiny new multi million pound development ? 

4 hours ago, lottiecass said:

No albert they are a bunch of dossers, I can't see the council putting millions into this venture with that eyesore remaining. The council is in the process of getting them off now. 

Not a nice way to describe fellow human beings who choose to live a life style away from the rat race .

Thats the problem in these days of me me me , any one a little different is looked upon with disdain by the general run of the mill. 

good luck to any one who decides to opt out is my opinion ,did it my self a few years ago ,best time of my life ,made friends that are true friends to this day even though they have not got much to shout about.

By the way the Council have put millions into many a venture over the last fifty odd years inc Don Valley Stadium (still paying for that)  .The venue for popular music, The new Moor Market ,(half the stalls still empty and it will not be paid for until 2070 )and so on.

Edited by Albert smith

5 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Not a nice way to describe fellow human beings who choose to live a life style away from the rat race .

Thats the problem in these days of me me me , any one a little different is looked upon with disdain by the general run of the mill. 

good luck to any one who decides to opt out is my opinion ,did it my self a few years ago ,best time of my life ,made friends that are true friends to this day even though they have not got much to shout about.

By the way the Council have put millions into many a venture over the last fifty odd years inc Don Valley Stadium (still paying for that)  .The venue for popular music, The new Moor Market ,(half the stalls still empty and it will not be paid for until 2070 )and so on.

Nearly forgot the Wedding cake and The Town Hall extension  millions and millions down the drain is that lot of so. called Town Planning.

15 hours ago, geared said:

Didn't the last place die off due to lack of interest in artificial ski and snowboarding slopes??

It died due to being set on fire.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It died due to being set on fire.

It closed before any fire.