Rebranding

I recent bought a Huawei Honor 9 lite mobile phone from china

therefore the default language is Chinese although I've set it to English

I therefore need to get it rebranded. Is there anywhere in Sheffield that does this service

Buy it from a UK seller, that won't happen... 

Other than downloading the English firmware, and re-flashing, it there's not really anything you can do... if it's already in English language, then that's about your best...

Phil, 

Now that you have changed the language to English, isn't everything ok now? If not, in what way will the phone function differently?

I picked up my Samsung phone in Hong Kong and the hardest part was negotiating the Chinese menus to change the language to English , it sounds like you've got over the biggest hurdle. What's still causing you an issue?

I can't remember what else I had to change, once I'd added English UK to the Language and Input setting then I changed the keyboard. I installed Gboard which is a little neater than most keyboards and then made sure that was set to the right language. Hope that's of some help.

Problem is searching, the Chinese don't like google nor can I download apps from playstore

was hoping someone does a rebranding service

Reason I was asking is I bought a brand new Samsung via    e  bay which came from Hong Kong. 

I was wanting an earlier model and no brand new ones could be found in the UK when I searched. 

The phone is perfect. 

Edited by Janus

If you go on XDA Developers site and search for your phone, it should list all the ROMS/Firmware and how to flash it.

Some phones are easy, some require a bit more work. I've always done my own in the past but you need to understand the risks... if anything goes wrong, it could "brick" your phone. It might be worth asking at a good phone shop as to what your options are, and how much.

Mine usually went like this...

Unlock bootloader (warranty void)

Flash ROM

Flash GAPPS if needed (Google Apps)

It's been a good few years from the last time I did one so have a read on the above site and see what's being said about the do's and don'ts on your phone.