2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Hi I'm after an electrician. Can anyone recommend someone pleae?

Cheers

Jane

I suggest you may have more response by mentioning your location and what work you need doing.

Good luck!

Hi, 

I just moved to Sheffield & need lots of help in my new house; i.e., general house cleaning, garden meowing, unpacking, etc. In London one can find every morning tens of cheap labourers setting around B&Q, Selco, Wickes looking for minimum paid day job. Any can guide me to where I can find such cheap labourers? Thanks,, 

I agree with previous recommendations for Jeff The Joiner aka Jeff Smith. He and his team did a bunch of high quality work on our house:

replaced joists in cellar beneath front room

new airbricks in cellar

repairing sash windows (one of his specialities)

rehanging doors

fitting new door

replacing skirting with matching design

Jeff's work is top notch and he's a lovely feller. he also knows other good workmen for other jobs eg, he brought in plasterers and decorators and recommended a good window frame maker who built us a new frame where one had rotted and a floor sander/varnisher.

All at a reasonable price.

Recommended.

He's on 07861 379 796

Edited by Crescent Moon

Any recommendations for ground work with a digger?  I want to create a drive so need to get  get a chunk of my front garden dug out, big enough for 2 cars, then the wall rebuilt.

Many thanks

After recommendations for a kitchen worktop fitting asap...

Has anyone got a recommendation for a handyman to repair our greenhouse. 3 panes of glass at least require replacing. Thanks. 

i would put this in the allotment section and i am sure some kind person will help you,especially if they live nearby.

Look on gumtree for greenhouse glass,  bought some staging from him and he sells all stuff greenhouse related and will cut glass to size. He's in highgreen area

22 hours ago, bassett one said:

i would put this in the allotment section and i am sure some kind person will help you,especially if they live nearby.

Thanks

14 hours ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Look on gumtree for greenhouse glass,  bought some staging from him and he sells all stuff greenhouse related and will cut glass to size. He's in highgreen area

Cheers, will do.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:15 AM, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Any recommendations for ground work with a digger?  I want to create a drive so need to get  get a chunk of my front garden dug out, big enough for 2 cars, then the wall rebuilt.

Many thanks

ring this number i rent a digger from him but know he does this type of work and will be able to sort it 07931018346 dont know how much he will charge thou he would need to see job 

5 star service from Lee Rogers (Leepy) once again. All work done to an extremely high standard as usual. Reliable, trustworthy, hardworking, highly recommended.

Many thanks Lee.

A big thankyou  too to Sam Lovatt & Dave Berry from the site who did some work at my mums house at short notice.