Sheffield s11 water pressure

6 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I have the opposite problem.  Water pressure in our area is too low.  Is there such a thing as a "pressure increasing valve" I wonder?  

If not then at least I've learned that you can use the word "****", on here, as long as it's part of another word, such as "stopcock".  But on it's own it's obviously a swear word, which is a pity for anyone that wishes to discuss male birds.  

Are you sure that is a problem in the whole area or just your house? If it is really in the whole area start with the supplier. If it's just your house check all valves and pipes for blockage or leaks.

No simple magic valve that increases water pressure.

16 hours ago, dutch said:

Thanks, 

I was really curious, closing the stop tap a bit does not really lower the pressure while all taps are closed. But it could possibly create a short moment when the pressure in the house is slightly lowered when the tap is running. Then making it easier to tighten it in the brief moment before that pressure is back at maximum again. 

When water pressure breaks equipment or the leak is at joints or connectors then reducing the supply won't solve the problem. 

A good point dutch, yes, I think that would explain what was happening.

8 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I have the opposite problem.  Water pressure in our area is too low.  Is there such a thing as a "pressure increasing valve" I wonder?  

If not then at least I've learned that you can use the word "****", on here, as long as it's part of another word, such as "stopcock".  But on it's own it's obviously a swear word, which is a pity for anyone that wishes to discuss male birds.  

Too true. You would have to say "male hen",  I suppose.

Water pressure low at abbeydale area anyone know when it will be back to normal anyone?

1 hour ago, maxiesmum said:

Water pressure low at abbeydale area anyone know when it will be back to normal anyone?

No Water/Low Pressure due to a Burst Main

Affected areas: Sheffield, S2/S7/S11

Incident Date: Thur, 11 Jul 2019 07:18:11

We're really sorry but customers may have low pressure or no water due to a burst main. We're urgently working on repairs. Once restored, water may be cloudy or discoloured, this will return to normal shortly after and you can help clear this by running your tap for a few minutes.