Dentistry Sedation in Sheffield

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

Years ago every dentist used gas which put you out.

I remember it well.  I remember having it when I was about 6 years old for extractions.  It was terrible!

I remember them putting a rubber mask over my mouth and nose and falling asleep and I remember waking up and seeing the hairs sprouting out of the Dentist's nostrils when I came round again.  I also remember walking home with me mam, with a hanky over my mouth and blood coming out of it.  And I remember feeling sick after it.  

I think that Dentist's can offer sedation, any Dentist can do that, but it's usually tablets now that reduce anxiety.  This is a better option I think.

4 hours ago, spilldig said:

Years ago every dentist used gas which put you out.

I'd be interested to know how many people died while 'under' in those days.

These days nobody goes under without a highly trained, usually Australian, fully qualified anaesthetist who monitors your breathing, blood oxygen level, heart rate, and blood pressure for the whole time that you are unconscious!

Perhaps you ought to become a Buddhist, apparently they strive to ‘Transcend Dental Medication’

I understand the OP, there were some horrendous child dentists in the 70's ( I remember one in Worsborough) and as a result are terrified of them. 

I would like to say I plucked up the courage to have a tooth extracted today, but really the toothache just had to be stopped and my jaw was swelling! 

Good luck with your plan but you might want to just go local and ask for some of what Derby Tup suggests above. 

44 minutes ago, cassiewoofer said:

I understand the OP, there were some horrendous child dentists in the 70's.................. and as a result are terrified of them. 

I think I'd be terrified if a child went anywhere near my mouth with dental tools! 😵😳😱😮

Hi Bolls, I also have a terrible phobia of dental work. A few years ago i was referred to Charles Clifford for I.V sedation. I was worried about a trainee doing the work ( i know we all have to learn!) so i requested my work be done by a qualified/experienced Dentist. They agreed to this and although the appointment took slightly longer, i went on to have the work done (2 extractions) with no problems. I hope everything goes well for you.

Good luck.

22 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

22 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I remember it well.  I remember having it when I was about 6 years old for extractions.  It was terrible!

I remember them putting a rubber mask over my mouth and nose and falling asleep and I remember waking up and seeing the hairs sprouting out of the Dentist's nostrils when I came round again.  I also remember walking home with me mam, with a hanky over my mouth and blood coming out of it.  And I remember feeling sick after it.  

I think that Dentist's can offer sedation, any Dentist can do that, but it's usually tablets now that reduce anxiety.  This is a better option I think.

Too right. It was awful.

Edited by spilldig

29 minutes ago, cassiewoofer said:

Very funny TCH!!!!

???

I can't think of anything less funny than a five year old waving a dentist's drill around anywhere near me! 😵