Dentistry Sedation in Sheffield

Hi,

Does anyone know of any dentists in Sheffield or Chesterfield that provides a sedation service apart from Charles Clifford? I have a real fear of dentists but need some major work doing.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Bolls 

What do you mean by a sedation service?

My old dentist used to prescribe valium for anyone who had a problem being seen.

Firth park clinic north quadrant Dental clinic do a referral service for people with fear of dental treatment

Try my dental practice on London Rd, Sheffield - (0114) 255 0444.

Give them a call. 

https://www.nhs.uk/Services/clinics/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=100824

Referral only but my OH has been to Charles Clifford, explained her dental anxiety and had a referral here. They use IV sedation which is most amusing to any one who goes with you 😆

I have been referred to Genix at Mexborough by my dentist previously for work under sedation.

I was referred by forge farm to a place on Pontefract road, cudworth at Barnsley. Had to take someone with me

I suffer from dental anxiety and had sedation two years ago for a very tricky extraction at Charles Clifford.  It was the best decision ever, not sure what I said to them whilst sedated though!!!

6 hours ago, BorntobeBlonde said:

I suffer from dental anxiety and had sedation two years ago for a very tricky extraction at Charles Clifford.  It was the best decision ever, not sure what I said to them whilst sedated though!!!

Have you tried hypnosis ? I used to be traumatised at the dentists years ago until one who practiced hypnosis tried it on me. I've had numerous treatments since including fillings/roots/extractions and, although I can't say I look forward to going, I have at least been able to get through the treatments. Might be all in the mind but worked considerably for me.

I panicked when the dentist who hypnotised me and, who had been treating me, left and I had to see another one  but I have still been able to cope without getting into the state I used to.

On 29/01/2019 at 22:54, Top Cats Hat said:

My old dentist used to prescribe valium for anyone who had a problem being seen.

My old dentist, Mr Potter, used to provide an invisibility cloak for anyone who had a problem being seen.

1 hour ago, DerbyTup said:

My old dentist, Mr Potter, used to provide an invisibility cloak for anyone who had a problem being seen.

Don't be daft, there's no such thing!

On 29/01/2019 at 22:54, Top Cats Hat said:

Years ago every dentist used gas which put you out.