Jump to content

The right to defend yourself.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Heyesey said:

If the daughter has reason to believe she'll be hit again, she's entitled to flatten the guy with any means necessary - however, once he has BEEN flattened, she's not entitled to take any further aggressive action, as she now has time to remove herself from the threat.

People who self-defend with one blow, accidentally nick the attacker's femoral artery, and kill them stone dead, don't even get prosecuted. They do tend to get arrested while the police sort out what the hell happened, but they are not charged.  (One such person was arrested last year, there was a huge public outcry that he shouldn't be prosecuted; he wasn't. The police dropped all investigations against him the moment they'd established what actually happened, less than a day later.)

As this thread has already proven, how the scenario is presented can make a HUGE difference to how people think about it.  "He hit me so I hit him back" is likely to get you in trouble:  "he started hitting me, so I hit him back to make him stop" is not. One sounds like retaliation and the other is clearly self-defence.

 

 

(Incidentally, the argument that you can make a citizen's arrest on the assailant is legally accurate but pretty daft in the given circumstances...)

Phil753 must have been on the troll.  Ive read and re-read my post a few times and no way couldnt anyone sensible have got it that wrong.

Anyway. An update for all you good people who have contributed. This thug who assaulted my daughter is leaving the school and going somewhere else and whilst the move takes place will be escorted everywhere by a staff member. The school were keen on punishing both children, the boy for assaulting my daughter and my daughter for defending herself but I have told them I will not allow that. I have always supported them 100% even when I felt they may have not been 100% right but this time I had to put my foot down and said not only will I not support the school if they decide to punish the victim but I will actively protest their decision and take it as high as I can. Thankfully they relented and are supporting my girl the best they can and so I am now happier with the situation. She is still being bullied by some other members of this boys group but the school are now coming down hard on them and are involving the police. All in all not a brilliant situation for her to be in but she feels better knowing the school are looking after her and helping her deal with the whole mess.

 

 

Edit. I tried to quote Woodview too but the multi quote thing didnt work out...

Edited by K1Machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Heyesey said:

something

Welcome back Heyesey. It must be 10 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2019 at 18:54, K1Machine said:

Phil753 must have been on the troll.  Ive read and re-read my post a few times and no way couldnt anyone sensible have got it that wrong.

Anyway. An update for all you good people who have contributed. This thug who assaulted my daughter is leaving the school and going somewhere else and whilst the move takes place will be escorted everywhere by a staff member. The school were keen on punishing both children, the boy for assaulting my daughter and my daughter for defending herself but I have told them I will not allow that. I have always supported them 100% even when I felt they may have not been 100% right but this time I had to put my foot down and said not only will I not support the school if they decide to punish the victim but I will actively protest their decision and take it as high as I can. Thankfully they relented and are supporting my girl the best they can and so I am now happier with the situation. She is still being bullied by some other members of this boys group but the school are now coming down hard on them and are involving the police. All in all not a brilliant situation for her to be in but she feels better knowing the school are looking after her and helping her deal with the whole mess.

 

 

Edit. I tried to quote Woodview too but the multi quote thing didnt work out...

Sorry i was in full support, from the out, however you did dip feed information as the threads developed, i get your  trolling was just rage at some one,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you drunk when you posted, because talking about citizens arrest was way off topic and made no sense, either from the start or from the point where you joined the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2019 at 08:18, Cyclone said:

Were you drunk when you posted, because talking about citizens arrest was way off topic and made no sense, either from the start or from the point where you joined the thread.

Tbh I think he was just after trolling. But anyway, just a little update for those who are interested. The Police paid a visit, spoke to my daughter and asked what she would like to do. She wanted the boy warning off rather than going through the trauma of a court case if in fact the CPS would have sent it to court but she is happy with the outcome. I personally would have liked her to prosecute the little animal but it was her choice and she made the right choice for her. Hopefully this will send a warning shot over the bows of this thug and he thinks twice in future before assaulting someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Tbh I think he was just after trolling. But anyway, just a little update for those who are interested. The Police paid a visit, spoke to my daughter and asked what she would like to do. She wanted the boy warning off rather than going through the trauma of a court case if in fact the CPS would have sent it to court but she is happy with the outcome. I personally would have liked her to prosecute the little animal but it was her choice and she made the right choice for her. Hopefully this will send a warning shot over the bows of this thug and he thinks twice in future before assaulting someone.

I think most of us knew that would be roughly the outcome but it must be a weight off your mind now it’s sorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think most of us knew that would be roughly the outcome but it must be a weight off your mind now it’s sorted. 

Yes its a  big weight of our minds. Surprisingly the police officer told me he wished my daughter chose prosecution but could fully understand her choice. I get the impression he despises bullies. He is an old fashioned type of copper and a proper decent guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Yes its a  big weight of our minds. Surprisingly the police officer told me he wished my daughter chose prosecution but could fully understand her choice. I get the impression he despises bullies. He is an old fashioned type of copper and a proper decent guy.

Glad it's dealt with, and the lad is going to get a knock on the door. Hopefully it'll be a shock to him and his parents bend his ear too.

I assume the copper isn't so 'old fashioned' the lad doesn't 'trip' and hurt himself! 😮 

Well done, and all the best to your daughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, it sounds like as good an outcome as could be expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2019 at 08:55, Cyclone said:

Good, it sounds like as good an outcome as could be expected.

Sadly the bullying continues.

This time they have moved it to social media.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent my daughters profile coming up in search results please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Sadly the bullying continues.

This time they have moved it to social media.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent my daughters profile coming up in search results please?

Are the perpetrators at the same school as your daughter? If so, bring the evidence to school - it's a safeguarding issue and the school has an obligation to act on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Are the perpetrators at the same school as your daughter? If so, bring the evidence to school - it's a safeguarding issue and the school has an obligation to act on it.

Yes unfortunately  they are. Ive been in contact with the school today and I am waiting for an appointment to go see them

Ive also been through Facebook with a fine toothcomb and thought Id made it pretty much private to everyone other than friends but I made up a random account, searched for her and there is still lots of content thats visible.

Id like to just delete her account but she really needs it for her extra curricular activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.