Work experience for school pupils

Hi my son  is in year 10 at school and is doing work experience in July, it seems to be impossible to find him any where to go..does anyone know anywhere taking on students for work experience please..

Thank you 

55 minutes ago, CJC..XXX said:

Hi my son  is in year 10 at school and is doing work experience in July, it seems to be impossible to find him any where to go..does anyone know anywhere taking on students for work experience please..

Thank you 

What's he interested in?

My son was interested in maths/science and did his work experience at a mechanical engineering company, really enjoyed it, and it strongly influenced his subject choice at Uni.

I did mine with the Sheffield Steelers (all  those years ago) and I know my work have been asked to take kids on for work experience. I think it's just a matter of writing to and ringing around places. 

I used to work for an Engineering  Company that took 2/3 every year  But The Health & Safety Culture killed it . We could not get any Employers Liability Insurance cover for them . I wonder how many other are providing places without realising they have to check with their Insurers

6 minutes ago, lobster said:

I used to work for an Engineering  Company that took 2/3 every year  But The Health & Safety Culture killed it . We could not get any Employers Liability Insurance cover for them . I wonder how many other are providing places without realising they have to check with their Insurers

A bit of a contradiction there. Was it the Health & Safety culture, whatever that is, or your employers unwilling to pay higher insurance cover?

Hi all thank you for your replys he's has rang round a lot of places and it's the same reply every time  no one is willing to take them on as it's the health and safety issue.. and yes I agree it's just a matter of ringing around to try and get somewhere ..thankyou all so much  

For whom do mum/dad work ?

That’s often the first port of call .

9 hours ago, max said:

A bit of a contradiction there. Was it the Health & Safety culture, whatever that is, or your employers unwilling to pay higher insurance cover?

We could not get Insurance cover for minors

15 hours ago, CJC..XXX said:

Hi all thank you for your replys he's has rang round a lot of places and it's the same reply every time  no one is willing to take them on as it's the health and safety issue.. and yes I agree it's just a matter of ringing around to try and get somewhere ..thankyou all so much  

What type of work is he interested in?

8 hours ago, lobster said:

We could not get Insurance cover for minors

So nothing to do with a so called Health & Safety culture at all.