Video evidence

Is it a fair playing field when this new fandled video evidence can be used in selected matches but not others  as has happened in todays match at Chelsea.

If so then some teams could have lost or won matches when the telli would have proved a different out come.

Unless it can be used in every game in a cup competition it shouldn't be used at all, I didn't think it was a penalty either but my first point stands.

Are you also saying that the same referee and linesmen should officiate at every cup match?

Only then would you get as close to a level playing field as we could get.

If ever a match should have had Var, it would have been the Millwall game Everton can and probably do feel hard done by , Millwall  clearly handled into the net for an equaliser.

loved the Millwalls Manger F-ing get that off the screen moment, when they replayed the incident  on the grounds big screen.

yesterdays Var was correct and played its part in a fair outcome, on a side note didn't Tango look great :clap:

40 minutes ago, steve68 said:

yesterdays Var was correct and played its part in a fair outcome, on a side note didn't Tango look great :clap:

The decision to overturn the penalty given by the referee was correct but it was hardly a fair outcome. If they're going to use it then there's no reason at all why they couldn't have told the referee that, without his incorrect intervention, the ball was going out for a corner. Because they didn't do that he got to decide to give a drop ball instead because he blew his whistle just before the ball went out of play (but with no chance anyone could have prevented it going out). Effectively Wednesday got robbed of a potential goal scoring opportunity and worse for us it turned out to be doubly cruel since they got their penalty (bloody idiot Hutchinson) directly from that drop ball.

I don't think the outcome of the game would have been any different, they were just too good for us and we were playing silly negative tactics, but yesterday did expose a minor flaw in VAR.

I thought both decisions were correct, but like others have already said it should be used in every game or not at all.

18 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Unless it can be used in every game in a cup competition it shouldn't be used at all, I didn't think it was a penalty either but my first point stands.

Exactly. We still lost out because we didn't get the corner we should of so we we're still punished even though the rules we're followed regarding VAR. 

It shouldn't be used in the cups to make it a fair on others. 

Agree  the VAR should be used at all matches in any competition,  its unfair but we all must agree in the Chelsea game the correct decisions were made..  sad that Milwall benifited  from the lack of VAR at their game.

sadly this game was the first time ive watched a match thats used VAR and sad to see it go against us :( (it did originally look like one and i shouted for one, but looking back it looked like our player touched the opposing players foot first and the ball, before the opposing player sort of touches his trailing foot)

I didnt see the pen awarded against us as in disgust and shock i went to pour another pint from the keg in the kitchen, when i came back it was set up for a pen grrrrr

Pity it wasn't at Barnet last night.