HDD Question

So basically, I found an oldish 2.5 inch 1tb hdd that I wanted to connect to my pc. But I wanted to wipe it first, so I disconnected my secondary hard drive, and left my main boot SSD connected. I then connected the 2.5 inch one into the pc. I have connected my WIN 10 usb stick and tried to boot into that but it was taking AGES so I disconnected everything and put my HDD back. I didnt acctually get into windows with that HDD connected. Now theoritaclly speaking, could that infect my boot HDD and give me a rootkit or firmware virus? Because with that HDD connected it took a 1 minute to post for my pc and another minute to get into booting screen, but usually it takes 5 - 6 seconds to get into post screen with my other hdd connected. Also Malwarebytes and Bullguard premium scans come back clean

Have you tried changing boot order settings in the BIOS? That might be the issue.

Just get a caddy for it and plug it into a USB port, could be boot order as swarf says but taking ages to boot usually means it's having trouble reading/finding the disc.

Slightly confused as to why a USB stick got involved when all you wanted to do was connect a HDD?

1 hour ago, probedb said:

Just get a caddy for it and plug it into a USB port, could be boot order as swarf says but taking ages to boot usually means it's having trouble reading/finding the disc.

Slightly confused as to why a USB stick got involved when all you wanted to do was connect a HDD?

Checked boot order wasnt it, and wanted to boot from usb to wipe the drive before entering windows

Edited by weex1

Fair enough :)