How much is Bannan worth again?

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

personally id keep both, BOTh have that knack of pulling one out of the top drawer just as you didnt expect, i was maybe hoping for one last night but tbf Chelsea were just too damn good and all we could do was chase the ball

I don't think you can fairly assess Bannan on the Chelsea game alone because as you say, Chelsea are a bloody good team of players!

But having watched plenty of Championship football this season, I don't think Bannan is half the player that he once was and that I used to admire even as a Blade. 

So many over inflated price tags touted around these days..... Barry Bannan, Jack Grealish, Bradley Dack .

Fulham dropped a right clanger in not keeping Norwood, a player who I believe strongly could hold his own in the top flight. But i'm not complaining because their loss is most certainly our gain. 

2 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Who has slammed a £14m price tag on FF?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/championship-transfer-rumours-sheffield-wednesday-set-14m-price-tag-leeds-and-west-brom-eye-pl-trio-manchester-united-and-liverpool-battle-for-whizkid-updates-on-nottingham-forest-middlesbrough-stoke-1-9560395

On The Stir website and in all of today's nationals. 

4 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I don't think you can fairly assess Bannan on the Chelsea game alone because as you say, Chelsea are a bloody good team of players!

But having watched plenty of Championship football this season, I don't think Bannan is half the player that he once was and that I used to admire even as a Blade. 

So many over inflated price tags touted around these days..... Barry Bannan, Jack Grealish, Bradley Dack .

Fulham dropped a right clanger in not keeping Norwood, a player who I believe strongly could hold his own in the top flight. But i'm not complaining because their loss is most certainly our gain. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/championship-transfer-rumours-sheffield-wednesday-set-14m-price-tag-leeds-and-west-brom-eye-pl-trio-manchester-united-and-liverpool-battle-for-whizkid-updates-on-nottingham-forest-middlesbrough-stoke-1-9560395

Did your dad never tell you not to believe what is printed in the Sun ?

If Wednesday got an offer of £14m for FF I would carry him there!

7 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

i never said assess him on one game, it was you whos tried baiting by posting hes rubbish...after the one game. He played ok, like i said it was Chelsea, he wasnt gonna pull hills up.

Maybe hes half the player now because the team is half we were? all the players just arent performing consistantly, Banana has been one of the better performing players overall though

Thought Bannan's distribution at Bramall Lane was particularly impressive; he even managed to find the BP station a couple of times with his clearances.

3 hours ago, atticus said:

Thought Bannan's distribution at Bramall Lane was particularly impressive; he even managed to find the BP station a couple of times with his clearances.

Ah, that would be the night when United's midfield found the front men with gay abandon!

3 hours ago, atticus said:

Would that be this season when United became the first side not to score against us or last season when we did the same job with ten men?

4 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Because I am basing Norwood's valuation on a multiple of Bannan's supposed valuation, which I believe to be quite over inflated. 

When it comes to Norwood, we already know we bagged an absolute steal at £3m. But the main question is what his he worth now? If mad valuations are to be believed then surely double that if not more?

I mean Wednesday have slammed a £14m price tag on FF today, where did they pluck this figure from? 15 Championship goals being his best season total in recent years! Billy already has that many this season? And scores in this league for fun! Surely he's pushing £20m valuation?

Can't see a statement on the club website about the £14m price tag!! How come no one believes anything in the printed press (its a constant source of ridicule) but as soon as they post something about a rival team its accepted as Gospel??

Edited by Brooker11

4 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Because I am basing Norwood's valuation on a multiple of Bannan's supposed valuation, which I believe to be quite over inflated. 

When it comes to Norwood, we already know we bagged an absolute steal at £3m. But the main question is what his he worth now? If mad valuations are to be believed then surely double that if not more?

I mean Wednesday have slammed a £14m price tag on FF today, where did they pluck this figure from? 15 Championship goals being his best season total in recent years! Billy already has that many this season? And scores in this league for fun! Surely he's pushing £20m valuation?

If Billy Sharp is worth £20m, what must Jordan Rhodes be worth? Same number of championship goals and FOUR years younger.  :)

Bannan as really missed playing with Kieran Lee,they were a superb pair together,and just wish we could sign someone who plays like Kieran Lee,an get Bannan back creating chances,if Steve Bruce wants to change the midfield positions,Bannan could easily be worth 6 -8million in the current transfer market

13 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

If Billy Sharp is worth £20m, what must Jordan Rhodes be worth? Same number of championship goals and FOUR years younger.  :)

Yes I agree Rhodes was a bargain at 10million😂

8 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Yes I agree Rhodes was a bargain at 10million😂

Who paid £10m for him?

19 hours ago, atticus said:

Which one in the wall was Banana ? 

Edited by Ridgewalk