Most ridiculous injury you have ever had in your life?

Aged 12.   Was playing dare with a school friend.  The idea was to throw a garden fork into the ground, as close as you could to the other person's foot.

he threw it and it went straight through my foot.  I won.

Last year I was attempting to lift a garden furniture set into the back of my car at B&Q Penistone Road.  As I lifted it, I heard two pops.  It was the distal tendons on my bicep snapping.  No pain really, but i needed surgery to repair it and was off work for four weeks.  Best month of my life.

As a young teenager, my mum wouldn't let me have an air rifle, so I got a 14lb proper longbow instead with two arrows. My first mistake was to pull the string back too far and managed to shoot myself in the hand - ouch. The next thing was to go on the local field and shoot straight up. I realised immediately this was stupid and ran like the clappers. The arrow came down quite a long way away and I aimed at it with my second arrow. Broke the first clean in half.

22 hours ago, phil752 said:

About 15 years ago.  Changing a light bulb in the house.  Came down the steps, overbalnced slightly & missed the second to last step.  Only about 2ft from the floor so came down on my left foot, an almighty crack as the left Achilles tendon went.  Operation, leg in pot, 9 weeks off work.

22 hours ago, phil752 said:

Lol spring to mind how many people it take change a light bulb😃

Add in the doctors, nurses & physios & about a dozen were involved! 

Attaching a child's plastic steering wheel sucker to my forehead whilst he sat on my chest to pretend to drive.

When I tried to disengage the said steering wheel sucker it was hard to budge and resulted in a huge bruise on my forehead, I had to tell people I'd walked into a door to hide my embarrassment!

Even more embarrassing was 2 other dads  who were convinced I'd stuck a child's plastic steering wheel sucker to my forehead because...… they'd done the same.

Edited by DUFFEMS